PDA

View Full Version : Average hands per tourney?

jah0550
12-15-2004, 11:23 AM
I play on Party the majority of the time. My question is: On average how many hands to you play in a NL SNG? Lately I have been getting frozen cards and end up only being able to go all-in when the blinds reach t200 or so(due to my stack getting eaten up by the blinds.) I do steal, when I can, when the blinds are t50 or t100. Does anyone else have that problem when they are getting cold cards?
Also, how do you play QQ UTG early in the tourney? I have tried to limp(hoping for a CR) and raise 4-5xBB, but either can't get any action or have to fold to overs.

jojobinks
12-15-2004, 12:00 PM
yeah, the truth of the super fast pp sng is that you have to often suck outa at the 200 level, if you're playing tight. the good news is that by then it's usually down to 4 or 5 players, right?

QQ is tough in the early rounds, i agree, b/c the chumps don't want to fold and you so often get overs. at this point, players are playing A2o, and K3s, and so i think limp/reraise is okay, but it's got to be a scary amount.

If you're gonna open for a raise, it's got to be big, and you've got to be ready to fold to overs. 5bb is just going to get you into a 3 way pot.