PDA

View Full Version : ultimate bet and withdrawl restrictions

jfresh
12-15-2004, 10:27 AM
I hadn't played at UB for a while, and I recently got my rakeback paid there. When I tried to withdrawl, I didn't hear anything for a week and when I emailed them they said "you can't withdrawl from a transfer so I'm canceling it". Do you think this is a valid/reasonable?

I am going to email them back but I just wanted to know what everyone thought.

Yads
12-15-2004, 12:29 PM
You should call them and speak over the phone instead of emailing back and forth.

Pokeraddict
12-15-2004, 01:07 PM
I withdrew my rakeback transfer minutes after it was transfered and had it in neteller in 12 hours.

Beavis68
12-15-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should call them and speak over the phone instead of emailing back and forth.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be nice, but have you found a number for them?

Yads
12-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Ah touche. Didn't realize they didn't post their phone number.

12-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Is there a rule against withdrawing a transfer?

GrannyMae
12-15-2004, 01:36 PM
pick a shorter username name and i will answer you

12-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Does everyone get bitched at on their first day?

What have I done to offend these people?

AncientPC
12-15-2004, 01:49 PM
We don't hate
you, we just
need your name
changed.

Please
understand
that your name
messes with
people screens
and forces
them to read
posts squished
together like
this.

thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1393022&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

GrannyMae
12-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Does everyone get bitched at on their first day?

no, they sure don't

What have I done to offend these people?

you have not offended anyone, you have just chosen a username that makes the forum harder to read for 21,000 members. but i suspect you already knew that when you chose the name and are just doing it for attention.

we get alot of that here

12-15-2004, 02:02 PM
It could be the way your PC is set up, it looks fine on my PC. Is there some way to change your settings?

phixxx
12-15-2004, 02:05 PM
UB's withdrawls are mad slow.

12-15-2004, 02:10 PM
The first poster didn't complain about a slow cash out, but a cash out that was rejected because he had received a transfer. Do they normally not allow a withdraw of money that was transfered to you?

Izaak_Walton
12-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

12-15-2004, 02:47 PM
I really don't appreciate the name calling. My friend told me to join twoplustwo because it was a high quality poker site compared to the usergroup site that he also uses. Well, on this "quality" site I have encountered a lot of negativity and abuse.

I want to thank the few people who actually answered the questions I asked. hopefully the negative people are a small minority here, but I doubt it, since no one else has objected to this kind of abusive behavior.

Izaak_Walton
12-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Why don't you just change your name to SickNStupid--same idea, fewer letters.

sthief09
12-15-2004, 03:07 PM
I don't think Granny could've put it any nicer. your name creates a problem for everyone else. please make a new one. you can't edit the one you have. you have all of 8 posts. I don't think it would be too much of a hassle for you to create a new name

12-15-2004, 03:16 PM
You suggest SickNStupid

I can see how you might say that ObsessiveCompulsive = Sick, so I guess you are also saying PokerPlayer = Stupid. You seem to be insulting people with mental problems and people who play poker.

Is every post you make an insult?

J.R.
12-15-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm in your same shoes, not to re-hijak the thread back to the topic, but UB doesn't allow cashouts of transfers? Mine has been pending for 7 days now and Ub has not (yet) returned my emails.

snowlarbear
12-15-2004, 03:55 PM
what exactly does obsessive/compulsive poker player mean anyway, that you wash your hands before every deal, or that you look at your hole cards a set amount of times each time?

and the people have a point, the longer name crops the margins kinda funny. i don't mind but then if people are complaining maybe you should take the high road and just change the name.

jfresh
12-15-2004, 04:17 PM
i emailed them back and forth a few times and even though I stated I used to be a regular player over there (paid a few grand in rake i'm sure), they insisted "they were not a financial institution" and couldn't let me withdrawl a transfer.

In the end, they said I needed to play with the money first... which is kind of ambigious because its not like a bonus which takes X amount of hands to clear... i asked them how many hands and they just ignored that part of the question.

I'm kind of agigated about the priniple of the whole thing, but I was going to try and play UB sometime anyway (haven't played there in a few months), and I figure I won't have to play THAT many hands for them to release my money...

12-15-2004, 04:21 PM
How many withdrawals have you made since you last played at a real money table?

I can see their point if it has been a long time since you played. But I would keep complaining in any case, plus I might just sit down and play some too.

If this was the first transfer you did this way since you stopped playing, then they overreacted.