PDA

View Full Version : Thread/Post of the Year (Multi-table Tournaments)

Men the Master
12-15-2004, 03:07 AM
What/Who was the Thread of the Year, Post of the Year, and Poster of the Year for the Mult-Table Tournaments forum for the year 2004? Why?

HoldingFolding
12-15-2004, 10:33 PM
The envelope please. And the winner for best Multi-Table Tournament Post goes to eMarkM (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=890506&page=3&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) for his reply to "My problem in tournaments"; a stunning portrayal of man conquering adversity against seemingly insurmountable odds. Mark, please step up to the podium and collect your nickel-plated "Mason" statuette. And here he comes choking back the tears...

housenuts
12-15-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The envelope please. And the winner for best Multi-Table Tournament Post goes to eMarkM (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=890506&page=3&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) for his reply to "My problem in tournaments"; a stunning portrayal of man conquering adversity against seemingly insurmountable odds. Mark, please step up to the podium and collect your nickel-plated "Mason" statuette. And here he comes choking back the tears...

[/ QUOTE ]

so if that's the thread of the year would i not get the prize since i posed my thought provoking question? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jslag
01-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Agreed. That post is incredibly useful.

eMarkM
01-11-2005, 04:15 PM
<blush>

I'm still amazed at how often that post is cited and linked to in other posts. I had nothing to do at work that afternoon, was going to post something shorter and I just kept going.

I just finished Harrington on Hold'em and I think a lot of the advice in that post re bluffing/representing comes around/after the "inflection point" which Harrington alludes to, but will actually cover in depth in Vol II. This was the part of the tourney that the original poster had problems with and I'm really looking forward to HoHII coverage of it.

Now that I read the post again, there's probally more I could add/edit. Maybe I'll do that so I win Post of the Year 2005 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jslag
01-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Haven't really seen you around the MTT forum recently, eMarkM. Do you still play tournament poker frequently? I look forward to more of your strategy posts in '05.

j.

poolshark
01-11-2005, 04:32 PM
How did you get this information? Is this offcial - available somewhere? who decides?

eMarkM
01-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I've limited myself lately on the boards to KotZ posts (I'm TD of King of the Zoo-email me at kotz_td@yahoo.com to get on password distribution list) on IG. I took an extended break from online poker only playing sparingly over the past couple months so I wasn't posting much either. I've been real busy at work, so not too many late night multis recently. What poker I have played has been mostly O8 ring games believe it or not. But I played in the 10PM PLHE on Stars last night and took 8th. So perhaps that will get my juices flowing for some more multis again.