PDA

View Full Version : Pedro on Why the Mets

andyfox
12-15-2004, 02:10 AM
"God simply wanted this to be my destiny now."

sthief09
12-15-2004, 02:15 AM
if Minaya wasn't proven, I'd be a lot more angry than I am now. I genuinely trust him even though I think the Mets are cursed by their own stupidity. they haven't made a +EV front office move since the Piazza trade. Cameron was EV-neutral, and that's about it. smaller market teams may have less money, but at least they have the ability to look past the current season.

all I know is I don't like this move. him and Glavine are going to kill them 2 or 3 years down the road.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]that makes sense. what a wacko.

sthief09
12-15-2004, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll trade you Pedro for Sexson, straight up

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll trade you Pedro for Sexson, straight up

[/ QUOTE ]we don't have him officially yet.

Non_Comformist
12-15-2004, 02:21 AM
ehh, alot of people pray before making big decisions in their life. I don't but I am going to refrain from the joining the increasing number of 2+2 who deride everything religous as stupid, foolish or dangerous and simply say he made the decision that was best for him.

I think's it ridiculous to hear commentators like Dan Patrik and others from ESPN say that taking $10million less wouldn't have meant anything to him, and boston is where he would have been happiest and its where he belonged. As if they would turn down more money to stay with ESPN or newspaper X because that's what would make the viewers happy. What a bunch of jerks.

Non_Comformist
12-15-2004, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So everyone who believes in god, and prays before making a decision is a wacko?

sthief09
12-15-2004, 02:23 AM
I'm willing to take that risk

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So everyone who believes in god, and prays before making a decision is a wacko?

[/ QUOTE ]if you really think God told him to go play for the one team that will over pay him the most, you are a wacko as well. I do not consider someone who prays crazy by any means. If I did, then I would have to consider myself crazy.

sthief09
12-15-2004, 02:29 AM
maybe Pedro worships money and the Mets were the only team dumb enough to give him so much money for so many years

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe Pedro worships money and the Mets were the only team dumb enough to give him so much money for so many years

[/ QUOTE ]precisely.

nolanfan34
12-15-2004, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if Minaya wasn't proven,

[/ QUOTE ]

Proven how? His stellar record with the Expos?

Non_Comformist
12-15-2004, 02:32 AM
I'm not religeous, and don't pray so I don't have clue but I don't think someone is a wacko for praying and the reaching a decision.

What I do know is that there are many intelligent people who do believe in god and I am not going to write them all as wackos just because I don't share that belief.

To me that would be stupid.

Zeno
12-15-2004, 02:34 AM
So Pedro knows what God wants for him - right now.

I wonder, does Pedro pray before every pitch: What's the right pitch, right now, Oh God?

I think he is being deceived by some lesser god or perhaps even Satan. All right thinking people know that Pedro really should have signed with the Yankees - God's Team. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:36 AM
do you really think what Pedro says was genuine? And if he was, how could what he said possibly mean anything other than "God told me my destiny was to make money, lots of it."

Non_Comformist
12-15-2004, 02:40 AM
Genuine how?

Do I think he went where the most money was? Yes

Do I think he prayed before making the decision? Yes

I don't think those are exclusive and don't think he was saying that he is on some grand mission from God. I just think that for some people praying for whatever reason helps them to make big decisions. I think that happened here and I don't think that makes him a wacko but just someone who believes in God.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:44 AM
well okay then, I really don't feel like arguing this. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Non_Comformist
12-15-2004, 02:47 AM
Fair enough

But aren't you the one who in another post made the point that faith is called that for a reason and if you don't believe in god you won't understand.

That's all I am really saying.

stabn
12-15-2004, 02:49 AM
I had a reply all typed out and then decided not to post it. I can't believe there was anything other than $ signs involved in pedro's choice, but i also don't think it's really even worth discussing.

sthief09
12-15-2004, 02:50 AM
he made some good moves in tough spots with the Expos. he's really good at finding useful players for cheap. he made some really crappy trades, but I blame Bud for that

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough

But aren't you the one who in another post made the point that faith is called that for a reason and if you don't believe in god you won't understand.

That's all I am really saying.

[/ QUOTE ] yes, I said that. I almost said something else, but I caught myself. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sthief09
12-15-2004, 02:52 AM
I take back what I said... I have no chance of ever catching you. you just posted 100 times in the last 2 hours

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I take back what I said... I have no chance of ever catching you. you just posted 100 times in the last 2 hours

[/ QUOTE ]you inspired me.

hoyaboy1
12-15-2004, 03:01 AM
The guy is awful. See the Bartolo Colon deal for the most blatant example.