PDA

View Full Version : UGLY ... please comment on all streets

adamstewart
12-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

** First few hands at the table, so no reads **

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $4. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

With one limper, and two posters already in after me, I decide to try my luck with a mediocre hand. Anyone fold this preflop?

Flop: (11.66 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Standard bet here, right? I don't want to try for the check-raise because I don't want to build a huge pot that offers too great of odds for someone to draw out later on. I also don't want it checked through

Turn: (7.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, UTG calls.

Even though the ace is a scare card, I bet again, hoping at the very least to trim down the field. Even if I'm raised, I still have the odds to draw for two pair or trips.

River: (10.83 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

Another crap card for me. I'm wondering why no one else has shown aggression thus far. I decide to bet, but would have folded to a raise.

Final Pot: 13.83 BB

Any suggestions on a different approach to this hand?

Thanks!

Adam

spamuell
12-15-2004, 12:57 AM
I'd fold pre-flop but the rest of the hand seems routine.

I don't know why you'd want to check any street here.

ErrantNight
12-15-2004, 01:02 AM
i'm gonna echo spam...

not a big fan of the preflop call.

rest is fine.

Harv72b
12-15-2004, 01:10 AM
You should fold this hand preflop. Even knowing that at least 4 opponents will see the flop with you (including the BB), there are still a lot of players left who can hit you with a PFR, as you saw. With a mediocre hand like QTo, it's more about position than number of callers.

Once you're in, I completely agree with betting out the Q high flop. You have top pair plus a backdoor straight draw, and you need to play it aggressively. There's also the chance that MP2 will raise again right behind you, thinning out the field of overcards &amp; other backdoor draws (although it didn't work out that way).

Why not bet out the turn as well? That didn't help any drawing hands, and there's no harm in representing a weakly played (preflop) AQ here. MP2 did not raise the turn, either, which puzzles me...I tend to think at this point that he's stubbornly calling down with JJ, or else holding AK and absolutely convinced that you're on AQ.

I'd give this up and check/fold. Since I'm reading MP2 on one of two hands, both of which now beat me (even if he's not so sure in the case of AK), and I'm pretty confident that UTG paired the Q and likely has a bigger kicker (KQ immediately springs to mind), I don't see the point in continuing the bluff. MP2 only called your bet here, too, which really confuses me...maybe he had TT? And UTG didn't c/r, which is very puzzling if he is on QJ.

I'm more than a little confused about the lack of aggression your opponents showed here, too. I'd love to know what they had, once you get enough responses.

phy1234
12-15-2004, 03:41 AM
As I am sure you understand now fold this preflop. I would also check fold on the river with 3 players still in it. You beat little to nothing now.