PDA

View Full Version : Pot odds : Odds to improve

iNsChris
12-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Would you play 10:1 pot odds to a 10:1 odds to improve?

Would you play 4:1 and 4:1 to improve hand?

Just trying to get an idea of when you would call/play the hand in question if the money odds you expect/Will win are equal to the odds to improve your hand!

I'm not sure this is clear explanation, and im not sure on the wording i should use.

But basically im wondering what the MINIMUM Ratio of implied pot odds, VS Odds to improve would make you play?

If it went to 1:1 i.e.(Implied pot odds 4:1 Vs Odds to improve 4:1) Would you play it?

Sorry for such a poor explanation, I'm just wondering what you guys go with.

I'm guessing it depends on other factors such as if you know your hand is the very best! and how much money there is in the pot etc.

Thanks,
Chris

smoore
12-15-2004, 01:45 PM
yes, you have to if you want to win over the long haul. You've already put money in the pot and if you're getting 10:1 odds and have a gutshot, you're in there. If the're only giving you 9:1 in the pot, you fold.

iNsChris
12-15-2004, 04:16 PM
k so play if your implied odds ( i need to practice figuring these out).

So if you play 2/4 and you call 2, x calls, x calls.
Showdown.. your positive you will win and one will fold (arguements sake).

No one will raise, they're unsure so you make everyone call.

You would have 2, 2, 2, (preflop)
2 2 (last guy folds)
turn
2 2
river
.... If you call he will call!

you implied odds (if you could predict future) lol.. sorry.
would be what?>
4:5?

I'm really poor at these implied, When i play now i just think "Ahh well ill win 50cents now so ill call this" but on the flop i need to know if to call ill just say "my odds of improving are day 2.1 : 1 and im play 4 cents for 20 so ill call..

I never actually calculate them, I just use the pot odds really.

hmm definatly need to learn these!