View Full Version : The Office

partygirluk
12-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Have you guys seen it? IMHO it is he greatest sitcom ever, up there with Fawlty Towers. Pure Genius, perfect. Wonderful.

sthief09
12-14-2004, 11:35 PM
ask Tosh or Spamuell. they are silly Brits much like yourself

spamuell
12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
ask Tosh or Spamuell. they are silly Brits much like yourself

At first I was insulted but I'm actually much sillier than Tosh so suggesting we're as silly as one another is fine by me.

The Office is hilarious, I hope they replay last Christmas' specials this year.

partygirluk
12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
You suck. Just cos you Yanks don't GET irony and you don't HAVE a sense of HUMOUR. Feel free to deride your elder relatives and superior culture whilst you sit in front of your TV munching on your McDonalds whilst watching canned laughter laden cheese fests like Friends. Us "silly Brits" will sit content with our superiority, dining on gourmet poisson avec frites whilst watching a more sophisticated comedy such as The Office.

Stork
12-14-2004, 11:52 PM
You're smart!

Inthacup
12-14-2004, 11:54 PM
I love The Office.

They're making an American version but it'll probably suck.

ArchAngel71857
12-15-2004, 12:13 AM
The Office is genius.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/westwarrior/YoureAwsome.gif
-AA

nolanfan34
12-15-2004, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love The Office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

And Stheif, it's funnier for people who are done with school, and have, like, had jobs and stuff.

One of the few shows I'm going to purchase on DVD.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Is that from the show?

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love The Office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

And Stheif, it's funnier for people who are done with school, and have, like, had jobs and stuff.

One of the few shows I'm going to purchase on DVD.

[/ QUOTE ]
what about if you aren't done with school but you have a job ?

nolanfan34
12-15-2004, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is that from the show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and it's one of the best comedy episodes I've seen. I laugh just thinking about that dance sequence.

nolanfan34
12-15-2004, 03:10 AM
[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, from what your work sounds like, you would like it for sure. Just know, this isn't South Park type of humor though. It's more subtle.

sthief09
12-15-2004, 03:12 AM
you missed my point entirely... I live in the US and don't get that show

I happen to like Tosh and Spam... maybe I shouldn't have grouped you with them

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, from what your work sounds like, you would like it for sure. Just know, this isn't South Park type of humor though. It's more subtle.

[/ QUOTE ]
so no farting and poop jokes /images/graemlins/frown.gif

good night people!!!

Cyrus
12-15-2004, 03:42 AM
Brent returns for Christmas and his ex-assistant has taken over.

MrFeelNothin
12-15-2004, 03:42 AM
What a hilarious show. For anyone that cares, Martin Freeman who plays Tim is starring as Arthur Dent in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie. I doubt he'll be able to match Gareth's performance in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Phat Mack
12-15-2004, 06:23 AM
You suck. Just cos you Yanks don't GET irony and you don't HAVE a sense of HUMOUR.

That's HUMOR. Please stop shouting, we all think Anthony Powell is a scream, but don't like being corrected by a nation of Widmerpools.

Feel free to deride your elder relatives

If you are my elder and still a party girl, you have my deepest respect.

TylerD
12-15-2004, 06:58 AM
They canned the American version as they realised it just wouldn't work. Ricky Gervais is working on a new show called "Extras" which will revolve around actors working as movie extras.

PS: Watch Peep Show and The Smoking Room, both are excellent. The Smoking Room is similar to the Office and Peep Show is just brilliant.

plaster8
12-15-2004, 07:03 AM
I think it's one of the greatest shows ever, but I had to use the subtitles on the DVD to figure out what they were saying sometimes.

I haven't seen the latest special yet -- is it good?

Lazymeatball
12-15-2004, 10:30 AM
I've been watching the Office on BBC America for the past few months or so. It's better than anything you'd ever find stateside. But it seems like they are always showing repeats. How many episodes were there, 2 seasons worth?

partygirluk
12-15-2004, 10:51 AM
I've never had a job (bar an 8 week internship with Deutsche Bank) and I enjoy it immensely.

partygirluk
12-15-2004, 10:53 AM
There were 2 * 6 * 30 minute shows followed by 2* 45 minute specials.

partygirluk
12-15-2004, 10:55 AM
There were 2 Christmas specials last year to finish the show. They had quite a different feel to the first 12 episodes. The first Christmas special was disappointing, but the second was probably the greatest ever final episode of a comedy.

daveymck
12-15-2004, 12:49 PM
As someone who works in an office the thought of watching it hasnt come to me although I am told its funny and just like what happens in an office. I didnt really like what I had seen but have seen Rick Gervais stand up routine and really enjoyed it so may be one to try and watch.

I have seen a couple of episodes of smoking room and quite enjoyed it, as peep show is on after Sex Doctors I thought it was rude so hadnt watched it.

Teachers what I have seen is still pretty good and parts of Little Britain I though was good.

Apart from those though there is not much good comedy wise on.

There is a show on bbc2 at 7pm tonight that I am told is quite funny but have forgotten the name of it.

wayabvpar
12-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Tivo Season Pass. Pretty sure I have seen them all. At first, it is hard to watch (Brent is just so cringe-inducing), but eventually you get used to it and just laugh. Great show.

I am a big fan of Coupling too- laugh out loud hilarious.