PDA

View Full Version : 76o flops trips

partygirluk
12-14-2004, 09:49 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t1255)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1460)</font>
BB (t1415)
UTG (t1585)
UTG+1 (t1925)
MP1 (t1360)
MP2 (t1715)
MP3 (t1425)
<font color="#C00000">CO (t1360)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t30, Button calls t30, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t180) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t90</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t270</font>, Button folds, Hero calls t180.

Turn: (t720) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t300</font>, Hero calls t300.

River: (t1320) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t760 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t760.

Final Pot: t2840
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: t2840 (t2840), between Hero and CO.[/color}

Preflop I was twotabling and called by mistake. I would also fold 76s here (too tight?). Anyway, the flop was pretty nice.

I decided to lead out as i) I don't slowplay much, ii) my hand might not be best iii) If it is, then it is still vulnerable and iv) People might not believe me as 'If he had a 6 he would have gone for a checkraise'.

Now he raises me, which I am not that happy with, but he could have a Queen, and if have outs if I am behind, plus I have trips dude! So i call, and await developments on the turn.

The turn changes nothing, and I dont think a free card could be that dangerous, so I check, and he bets 300 into a 700 pot. What to make of this? Well, could be really weak or strong I guess, but is offering me good odds so I call.

The river is kind of nothing, and he puts out another halfish pot bet, which puts me all in bar 100. Well I have no idea if I am ahead, but given the range of hands he might have, I call. After all, I have trips! I never really had an idea where I stood with this hand.

All comments are appreciated.

bigredlemon
12-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Gut feeling says overpair...

so what happened?

Elektrik
12-14-2004, 10:05 PM
I would probably complete here with 67s, given the stack sizes (it's only 1% of my stack).

You have a strong hand on the flop. I doubt CO has QQ, as he'd raise preflop. A6s or even A6o is a possibility depending on how bad he is, but a remote one probably. My line here to is see how much I can get out of him - if he has a hand like AQ, KQ, or QJ or even a smaller pp that he's betting, I want to milk him for what I can.

I like the flop action, as you represent a queen. When he bets the turn, I'll push him, and hope to take it down right there.

betgo
12-14-2004, 10:41 PM
You were right to complete here, and this hand shows why.

partygirluk
12-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I really misclicked! This is normally an automuch for me? Would you complete with any two at these blinds because of the trips/two pair implied odds? Or does it need the added straight potential to make it wortwhile? I can't see how flopping a straight draw with the worst position against such a large field could be worth much, so is it worth playing any two?

Benholio
12-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Put him all in on the turn after he bets. You are more likely to get him to call all of his chips with a worse hand here than after the river comes out.

You can't play this hand like a drawing hand, because if you are behind, you have very few outs (and many just split the pot).

betgo
12-15-2004, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really misclicked! This is normally an automuch for me? Would you complete with any two at these blinds because of the trips/two pair implied odds? Or does it need the added straight potential to make it wortwhile? I can't see how flopping a straight draw with the worst position against such a large field could be worth much, so is it worth playing any two?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the straight draw is worth something. You can also flop a straight. I would complete with anything but total junk like 94o or something.

Depending on how the table was playing, I might call on the button with 76o with this many limpers. Just having the button with any two cards is worth something. If I thought there was the potential for a lot of loose postflop action, it might be worth limping.

eastbay
12-15-2004, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Now he raises me, which I am not that happy with

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth not?

eastbay

stanky
12-15-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm glad to see you called by mistake preflop because I would of folded preflop. This isn't limit and these are the types of of situations I want to avoid early in a SNG.

-Pete

stanky
12-15-2004, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Depending on how the table was playing, I might call on the button with 76o with this many limpers. Just having the button with any two cards is worth something. If I thought there was the potential for a lot of loose postflop action, it might be worth limping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me crazy but I'd rather play 76off on the button for T30 than SB for T15....I wouldn't do it but if you held a gun to my head I'd pick the button.

-Pete

partygirluk
12-15-2004, 11:07 AM
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain: shows [Ad 3s] (a pair of Sixes)
deanrover6: shows [6d 7c] (three of a kind, Sixes)
deanrover6 collected 2840 from pot

So my check calling line works if superior to aggression if he decides to follow through with a stone bluff. However, it is inferior if he has a Q or a mid pocket and decides to check through the river, and I could have extracted some more from him either by C/R the turn or leading the river.

Re: Eastbay - I was not happy about getting raised as I feared a better 6. A6 seems perfectly reasonable to worry about. If this is the case, do I just go all in, see his cards, shrug my shoulders and say "thats poker"?

eastbay
12-15-2004, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Re: Eastbay - I was not happy about getting raised as I feared a better 6. A6 seems perfectly reasonable to worry about. If this is the case, do I just go all in, see his cards, shrug my shoulders and say "thats poker"?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

IMO this is an irrational fear. A better 6 may be out, but there is absolutely no way to distinguish the playback from a better 6 than from many other hands that you beat. When this is the case, you have to act based on a probabalistic range of holdings. Given that there is only one more 6 in the deck, and most 6x hands wouldn't have seen the flop anyway, the chances of being outkicked are very small compared with many other hands you are probably facing.

In cases like these, my opinion is that you play it like you have the best hand - that you are not outkicked, for the simple reason that it's a MUCH bigger mistake to play like you are when you're not, then to play like you aren't when you are.

eastbay

partygirluk
12-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your reply Eastbay. How high would the trips have to be before you envisage circumstances where you might lay it down?

eastbay
12-15-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your reply Eastbay. How high would the trips have to be before you envisage circumstances where you might lay it down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would ever lay it down on fear of being outkicked in particular. Maybe due to other factors like straight and flush boards and multiway action, but never because of fear of a better kicker.

eastbay