PDA

View Full Version : ok my newest thing,

daryn
12-14-2004, 08:45 PM
ok i'm looking to maybe move out of the U.S. for a period of time, like maybe 6 months.

what is the procedure here? any recommendations? i know some of you guys have done it. i'm looking to go to italy for a while, maybe even get a job there. how do i go about getting an apartment, etc.

lay it on me.

offTopic
12-14-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok i'm looking to maybe move out of the U.S. for a period of time, like maybe 6 months.

what is the procedure here? any recommendations? i know some of you guys have done it. i'm looking to go to italy for a while, maybe even get a job there. how do i go about getting an apartment, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Sh[/b]it! You killed The Turk and Capt. McCluskey?!

Whatever you do, if you get married while you're over there, always let the wife start the car...

Sponger15SB
12-14-2004, 08:54 PM
after you get back make sure to get checked for having life ADD.

eric5148
12-14-2004, 08:58 PM
My brother went to college in France. He taught grammar school for a year after college, and now he has a job at some software company where he translates for the CEO.

Wait, this post was pointless, sorry. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

daryn
12-14-2004, 09:05 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do, if you get married while you're over there, always let the wife start the car...

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one. sponger, take notes.

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one. sponger, take notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, yes please do. Daryn this is the second time today. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

daryn
12-15-2004, 01:35 AM
bump-en-stein

dr. klopek
12-15-2004, 03:35 AM
I hate anyone who can just up and decide to move out of the country.

1800GAMBLER
12-15-2004, 03:42 AM
I was about to start the same thread before but i got lazy, i'll do it some other time. I think i'm going to move to thailand for 6 months, set up dsl, play from there yet i have no idea how to go about this.

I think we both have ADD.

BusterStacks
12-15-2004, 03:43 AM
go to Bimini.

1800GAMBLER
12-15-2004, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
go to Bimini.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i'm hooked, give me every single detail you know, .. please.

Anyhow, i just put Bimini in google images and got some of the most amazing diving photographs (http://www.oceanbrite.com/gallery/Bimini-2003?page=1) i've ever seen. Plus i'm in bahamas for wpt so i guess i should be checking it out?

Also, if anyone has ever done any diving were in bahamas should i dive? I've already booked a shark feeding dive and i'm under the impression we travel to one of the other islands from paradise island, but after the week on paradise island i'm going to see some other islands, i mostly want nice beaches, good dive, not many people. ya. anyone? please.

Jezebel
12-15-2004, 05:06 AM
YES, you should definetly plan a dive trip when in the Bahamas. Diving on the "Tongue of the Ocean" is truely breath taking. The floor of the ocean goes from about 80ft to 6000ft. Swimming over the ledge has the feeling of flying over a canyon. The coral that grows along the wall is quite a sight. Lots of marine life and shark dives available as well. Also I have never seen the visibility less than 100ft. I've dove with www.divedivedive.com (http://www.divedivedive.com) in the past and they run a small but great operation.

elwoodblues
12-15-2004, 10:08 AM
I know a few people who taught English in foreign countries --- that could be a pretty good gig for a year or so because I think they will hook you up with an apartment as part of the deal (or at least help you find one.) My brother taught in American Samoa for a few years and thought that was pretty cool (he taught Superfly Snooka's kid - can you imagine having a parent-teacher conference with the superfly. That alone would be worth the time.)

daryn
12-15-2004, 10:08 AM
I was about to start the same thread before but i got lazy, i'll do it some other time. I think i'm going to move to thailand for 6 months, set up dsl, play from there yet i have no idea how to go about this.

I think we both have ADD.

[/ QUOTE ]

ADD = BS

i just want to go and experience a different life for a while. i've been to italy but i want to see every part of it up and down, and master my italian. maybe meet a good chick.

Rick Diesel
12-15-2004, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(he taught Superfly Snooka's kid - can you imagine having a parent-teacher conference with the superfly. That alone would be worth the time.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt this was true, since Superfly Snooka's kid went to my high school in pittsburgh and graduated a year before I did. Maybe if this one was illegitimate.

Rick Diesel

jakethebake
12-15-2004, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know a few people who taught English in foreign countries --- that could be a pretty good gig for a year or so because I think they will hook you up with an apartment as part of the deal (or at least help you find one.)

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a friend that did this in Korea and really enjoyed it. You don't even have to speak the other language.

elwoodblues
12-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Does he only have one kid? I don't know (and don't really care all that much. I will still keep the thought alive of a parent-teacher conference with the superfly.)

daryn
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
I know a few people who taught English in foreign countries --- that could be a pretty good gig for a year or so because I think they will hook you up with an apartment as part of the deal (or at least help you find one.)

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a friend that did this in Korea and really enjoyed it. You don't even have to speak the other language.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess this would be my angle, even though i can speak italian. does anyone know how to get more info on these kinds of things? i will also email my italian professor from college about this.

Rick Diesel
12-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Even better, in my opinion, was when I got to meet Ric Flair last year. A friend of mine owns a minor league hockey team in Wheeling, and they had Flair coming in to do some promotional meet and greet with the fans.

My buddy called me and told me to come down to the game, and we got to sit there for about 30 minutes with myself, two friends, and Ric Flair, just talking about all kinds of things. I have a picture with him and me framed in my game room.

Rick Diesel

JoeC
12-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Rick, what part of PGH are you from? Although I go to school down south now I'm originally from there.

elwoodblues
12-15-2004, 02:00 PM
One of my buddies in law school went to the wedding of Flair's daughter (he was a friend of the groom.) Apparently, Flair went to the bachelor party. Now THAT would be awesome.

Rick Diesel
12-15-2004, 02:05 PM
i grew up in the South Hills (Greentree), now I live in West Mifflin.

daryn
12-15-2004, 02:07 PM
more help with the issue at hand, less talk about old wrestlers and shitty cities.

KJS
12-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Because you are jealous?

KJS

jakethebake
12-15-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because you are jealous? KJS

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...young, single, no strings, able to pick up and move w/o any responsibilities. Hell, I'm jealous.

sublime
12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
daryn-

why make it out of the US?

i lived on miami beach for 6 months and it was great. the cuban culture is pretty damn cool (plus, they are HOT!)

KJS
12-15-2004, 04:16 PM
You gotta marry the right lady and get fixed /images/graemlins/smile.gif Then you can do it even when you are 35 like me.

KJS

daryn
12-15-2004, 05:43 PM
daryn-

why make it out of the US?

i lived on miami beach for 6 months and it was great. the cuban culture is pretty damn cool (plus, they are HOT!)

[/ QUOTE ]

US = boring. also like i said i want to completely master my italian

Festis
12-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Don't go to Thailand if you want to live on gambling.. Becose that is forbidden. They even have signs on the pool tables "No betting"

balkii
12-19-2004, 02:40 PM
daryn, this is awesome. its exactly what I want to do like 2 years from now after i get some schooling under my belt and some investments (ie property) going here. oh yeah and I need to learn italian.

but, why on 6 months? is that only how long you wont to be there? or is it a VISA type issue?

daryn
12-19-2004, 03:54 PM
6 months is a long time man.

nothumb
12-19-2004, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also like i said i want to completely master my italian

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean, "I want to completely master an Italian." The hotter the better.

You really do have life ADD dude, I don't care what you think... not that I wouldn't love to do it too, but what happened to grad school, and buying a house, and getting a job?

NT

daryn
12-19-2004, 04:49 PM
also like i said i want to completely master my italian

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean, "I want to completely master an Italian." The hotter the better.

You really do have life ADD dude, I don't care what you think... not that I wouldn't love to do it too, but what happened to grad school, and buying a house, and getting a job?

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

they are just ideas. the way i see it, it's better to have 10 ideas about what you want to do, and eventually pick one, than to just have 1 and be all about that 1 idea. if that idea fails then .. ouch.

some of these are connected too. i can't really buy a house easily without a job, so those 2 go hand in hand. grad school seemed like a good way to get a good job, but now i'm having second thoughts.