PDA

View Full Version : AK misses flop, now what

Gambler
12-14-2004, 08:43 PM
2 table sit n go. Tourney just started, $10/$20 blinds, I'm in EP, one caller in front, I raise to $80. Two other callers take the flop 4 handed. Flop comes down Q 9 3 rainbow. Checked to me, with one person still to act. About $330 in pot. $720 left in my stack. Other stacks about the same or greater. What's the play? Make a pot sized bet? $150 bet? check & fold?

zaxx19
12-14-2004, 08:56 PM
175-225...cant really check here. Grr no more posting while I write papers disregard all advice by me today...lol /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MLG
12-14-2004, 09:06 PM
you can absolutely check here. I would.

bweiser8311962
12-14-2004, 09:14 PM
check. you're either way behind or just behind. you're going to get called unless you push all-in and the only caller there would be someone who has you crushed. i've played against a/k a few times in the last few days and they seem to bet it all the way to the river despite never hitting something.

in the end, it depends on your perception of the players at the table and their perception of you.

morgan180
12-14-2004, 09:14 PM
i would check here too:

[ QUOTE ]
Tourney just started ... Two other callers take the flop 4 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way this flop didn't hit someone well enough to play back at you and there isn't any reason you can't walk away from this hand to any strength.

It's also possible that there was something being slowplayed ahead of you.

I check, if it gets checked around I re-evaluate, otherwise I'm folding.

Call me weak tight if you like but I'm not committing that much of my stack trying to push 4 people out of a pot with A high.