PDA

View Full Version : hand # 1

beckham9
12-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO
folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Am i just wasting a small and a big bet on this?
bet flop, check-fold turn?
check-call flop, check-fold turn unimproved?
Feel like i am dropping bets along the way in stuff like this
B9

runa
12-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Flop:
I don't think you can assume you're ahead. I count 6.5 (2 6's, 3 J's and a backdoor flush) which you'll probably get. Check call.

Turn:
Missed your backdoor flush, but now your J outs are dirty but you picked up a gushot str8 draw that might be slightly devalued for the split/non-nut str8 possibilities. I give you 5 outs at best. I think you have to check/probably fold the turn since it's so small.

Do you normally bet out bottom pair into a big field like this?

Evan
12-14-2004, 08:30 PM
I would check-fold the flop. Bottom pair is not that good 5 handed. Once you're called on the flop the turn bet is pretty much chip spewing IMO.

Also, try to chill with posting tons of hands. If you have to number them, its too many at a time.

uw_madtown
12-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Five handed is too many to be betting into the field with bottom pair, especially with a Q on the board.

If you're going to do that (you shouldn't), then I don't mind the turn bet since you picked up a gutshot and haven't run into aggression from MP2 or Button yet.

Problem with betting out here is that you may get raised by a Q or a K that just caught.

I think that folding to that raise is pretty bad too though. You've got two 6 outs and four T outs, probably discount your J outs to one? I'd say between 6-7 outs, the pot's offering you 7-1 odds on your call. Gotta call that and see a river. Plus calling (when the decision is CLOSE) discourages people from taking shots at you.

Sorry, but this is a real mess of a hand.

witeknite
12-14-2004, 10:16 PM
What he said.

WiteKnite

Rubeskies
12-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Check fold the flop

Check fold the turn for sure

1/2 hands usually go in micro forum

ErrantNight
12-14-2004, 10:24 PM
if the bb bet on the flop, and everyone called back to you, i'd have no problem calling.

but definitely not a bet. and pretty easy to otherwise find a fold on the flop. if not? check/fold the turn. easy.

Lottery Larry
12-15-2004, 12:48 AM
check-raise the flop, limp on the turn, see what happens on the river

or don't play the hand on the flop at all

phy1234
12-15-2004, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
check-raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really think you should check-raise this flop, do you? I think check call the flop and check fold the turn unimproved

Lottery Larry
12-15-2004, 11:10 AM
If I feel like gambling with Jx suited and the backdoor straight/flush draws, along with the two-pair/trips draws... why not? :P