PDA

View Full Version : QJs Comments?

bigchips
12-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

young nut
12-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Good check on the flop...btw fold to a bet on the flop.

You need to bet this turn, its a semi-bluff but still I think you should bet.

check/fold river unimproved.

PuertoKid
12-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Agree on betting on the flop. You raised preflop. Many will put on on AK, AQ, or maybe AJs. A lot of people really respect a sb raise since that person has to act first on all subsequent betting rounds. If you get a couple people dropping to your bet flop and a caller or two, I'd bet into the turn also.

Entity
12-14-2004, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agree on betting on the flop. You raised preflop. Many will put on on AK, AQ, or maybe AJs. A lot of people really respect a sb raise since that person has to act first on all subsequent betting rounds. If you get a couple people dropping to your bet flop and a caller or two, I'd bet into the turn also.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're betting this flop into 5 opponents, I think raising this hand preflop may be a mistake.

I like the way you played the hand.

Rob

Redd
12-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Is Hero going to be able to make up the four (actually, is four about right?) bets on the river for implied odds to call the turn here?

Redd

edit: Sorry, missed the 9. I like it too.