PDA

View Full Version : weird guy at work

dr. klopek
12-14-2004, 08:01 PM
When there isn't much to do at work, some of my co-workers and I go into the meeting room and watch T.V. Basketball mostly, sometimes WPT or K-1. One time we went in there and there was this guy sitting in there that I have seen around the building a bunch of times, but he never seems to be working. He is an older guy, probably early 40s. He has slightly gray, buzzed hair and a gangly, short, patchy beard. He wears these thick glasses that make his expression look like that kid Fuller from "Home Alone." He seems to be fond of brown pants hiked up to about his nipples, and always has a pro-wrestling-related shirt tucked into them.

Anyway, we go in there and he's reading a magazine and watching cartoons. Those crazy, new cartoons that are mostly noise and flashing. A co-worker of mine suggests that we change the channel to something that we all like. He holds up the remote, middle finger extended in her direction like that waitress on seinfeld, and changes the channel to sports fishing or something. My other co-worker suggests that this isn't any better. This guy slams down the remote on the table and storms out of the room with a "god!" reminiscent of a teenager who has just lost an argument with her unreasonable parents.

A few weeks later, I see him in there again while walking by. He's reading and watching T.V. again, only this time, he's moving his lips while he reads and making these grandiose gestures as though doing a read-through for a community theater group production of "Macbeth." I found it amusing. Later on that evening, there was a lull in the work so I joined some of my other co-workers in there to watch some basketball. It was then that I got a good look at the book he had been reading: "Going, Going, Gone," a book with a picture of Mickey Mantle on the cover.

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 08:26 PM
he works with you? Sounds like he is mentally handicapped.

Non_Comformist
12-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Well for starters, you definently need to find out who his favorite wrestler is.

We'll go from there.

eric5148
12-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Weirdos can be very entertaining. Unless they stab you or something.

SomethingClever
12-14-2004, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is an older guy, probably early 40s. He has slightly gray, buzzed hair and a gangly, short, patchy beard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sklansky?

YourFoxyGrandma
12-14-2004, 08:35 PM
I'd do him.

Leo99
12-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I just thought of the guy in Office Space with the stapler that they fired but never told. Sounds like I'm busier than you at work and that's saying a lot.

NLSoldier
12-14-2004, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One time we went in there and there was this guy sitting in there that I have seen around the building a bunch of times, but he never seems to be working.

[/ QUOTE ]

TSC?

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One time we went in there and there was this guy sitting in there that I have seen around the building a bunch of times, but he never seems to be working.

[/ QUOTE ]

TSC?

[/ QUOTE ]nope, sorry, I am 22.

NLSoldier
12-14-2004, 10:23 PM
I know, thats why I made sure not to quote the part of the post that mentioned his age/description /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know, thats why I made sure not to quote the part of the post that mentioned his age/description /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]don't you have some studying/drug-using to do?

NLSoldier
12-14-2004, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't you have some studying/drug-using to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking a study break thank you very much /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

razor
12-14-2004, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is an older guy, probably early 40s.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, thanks for making me feel old. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't you have some studying/drug-using to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking a study break thank you very much /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]does that mean you are drinking right now?

NLSoldier
12-14-2004, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does that mean you are drinking right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, no. I am going to get free chipolte in like an hour and then heading back to the library for one last cram session.

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 10:53 PM
finals really aren't that hard.

good luck though.

dr. klopek
12-15-2004, 03:28 AM
He seems to like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin a lot.

I said older, not geriatric.

And why does everyone always insist that I [censored] these weirdos from work?

jakethebake
12-15-2004, 10:12 AM
He probably doesn't even work there. He sounds an awful lot like a street person. He probably just comes in for the free coffee and to watch TV.

dr. klopek
12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He probably doesn't even work there. He sounds an awful lot like a street person. He probably just comes in for the free coffee and to watch TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, do you think I work at a bus station?

Oski
12-15-2004, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, do you think I work at a bus station?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or as you say, "mass transportation coordination facility, highway and street division."