PDA

View Full Version : Baseball rumors

Boris
12-14-2004, 07:28 PM
ESPN rumor mill is going on and on about an impending Tim Hudson trade. This would seriously bum me out. But the more I think about it there is no way Billy Beane will pull the string on Hudson unless he knows something bad (like maybe Huddy is on the roids or something). Even if Beane has no intention of re-signing Hudson, he still gets one more year from a player that is worth $13m per but only costs $6.75m. How great of a deal is that? There is simply no value in trading Hudson.

PhatTBoll
12-14-2004, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if Beane has no intention of re-signing Hudson, he still gets one more year from a player that is worth $13m per but only costs $6.75m. How great of a deal is that? There is simply no value in trading Hudson.

[/ QUOTE ]

The value would be in getting something for him now, rather than losing him next year for nothing. If he doesn't expect the team to compete for the playoffs this year, a trade could be the better move. Obviously it would have to be a pretty sweet deal though.

Dynasty
12-14-2004, 07:38 PM
The A's believe Joe Blanton is ready to pitch in the majors. That means without Hudson, they'd still have an excellent rotation of Mulder, Zito, Harden, Blanton, and a serviceable #5.

It's the A's good pitching prospects which are allowing them to deal an established star.

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 07:41 PM
also, add that the M's are most likely going to add two of these three players(Beltre, Sexson, and Delgado), supposedly.

Boris
12-14-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure they believe Blanton is ready for the majors. I know he hit a rough streak last year.

andyfox
12-15-2004, 01:01 AM
I heard today the Yankees are talking to Delgado. I assume that means they're considering voiding Giambi's contract.

I look for Hudson to end up with the Dodgers.

bugstud
12-15-2004, 02:13 AM
The A's need good players for Hudson. If they can grab Giles like rumored, I absolutely love their side of the deal.

craig r
12-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Delgado is pretty stubborn, I don't think he would be a good fit for the yanks shave your face organization. Does one really think that Steinbrenner will let Carlos sit for "God Bless America?"