PDA

View Full Version : How to play extremely weak tourneys

Yads
12-14-2004, 07:15 PM
So yesterday I sat down at the worst (best) tourney I've ever played. This was on UB. Nobody bet or raised more than the minimum unless they had an absolute monster. You could say boo on the flop and 4 people would fold. Now I know that the key to beating these type of players is to bluff at them a good percentage of the time. However I was not getting any decent cards early on. Would a good strategy be to loosen up significantly from the suggested starting hands at the beginning of the tournament to steal some pots? I had just over the starting 1000 chips by the time the blinds got to be 75-150 and there were still 6 people left in the game. I wound up busting it in 6th when I went all in preflop with my AK and got called by big stack with AT.

captZEEbo1
12-14-2004, 07:23 PM
meh, sit back and steal from these guys when blinds get bigger. Try to not get allin preflop ever (barring AA).

Mr_J
12-14-2004, 07:37 PM
but if he had won that one (which he usually will), he would have had great bullying power at such a weak table? How many chips were you on when you went all-in?

Yads
12-14-2004, 07:39 PM
about 1000 chips 2 off the button.