PDA

View Full Version : More 1/2 NL Borgata ...

TheSeeker03
12-14-2004, 06:00 PM
I was in AC this past weekend for the first time ever. This is what happened in one of the hands:

Im in BB with QhTh. 6 pople limp, I raise to 10. 2 callers. Flop comes Qc 8h 6h. I got top pair flush draw. The kicker is marginal, but I am thinking I'll bet and pray for a heart, then they can't put me on flush. I fire $20. One folds, one calls. Turn is blank. I fire $30, he calls. River comes 2h. There is ~130 in the pot now, which is roughly how many chips he has. I go All in.

He starts thinking out loud: "I don't think you have the flush because you were betting" Im thinking "sweeet. So call already!" He continues "what else could he have ... what else could he have ..."

Finally he folds and flips over pocket 66. He folded a set!

This was a great laydown, but he played it horribly to the river. Either way, this hand bothered me for three days now. I should've been paid off! I thought i did everything right.

He is either a very timid player always assuming the worst, or he made a great read.

Yarney
12-14-2004, 06:10 PM
I play the 1/2 nl at the borgata regularly and there are only a handful of people at that limit that can make a laydown like that. You either did something to tip him off or he didn't understand the strength of the hand. I don't dislike the way you played it though. The only note is that a lot of players at the borgata like to semi-bluff their draws.

-Yarney

BobboFitos
12-14-2004, 06:35 PM
He made a good laydown, but he should've raised the turn, so it's his own fault.

beta1607
12-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Damnit I was just about to say that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

greg nice
12-14-2004, 07:03 PM
dont raise that trash preflop

JMP300z
12-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Under bet on the turn could have tipped him off...he probably read you for a set bigger than his. You could be raising pf w/ QQ. If you had AQ pf and raised the flop and turn and had a cold caller each time, would you push the river when the flush got there or would you hope for a cheap showdown thinking his flush may have just gotten there. No I think his lay down isnt too far fetched although his read (thinking you for a higher set obviously) was wrong. ALso what is the blank turn...it does have some effect....does it put a striaght on the board (I know its unlikely youre holding like 79 or something but still important).

If im in that hand with you, the only thing im beating w/ a call here is a bluff, AA, KK or POSSIBLY AQ. Either you have the flush or the set....You most certainly dont have KQ or QJ for that bet on the river, and a two pair is unlikely with that raise pf.

TheWorstPlayer
12-14-2004, 10:45 PM
If he really read him for a higher set, then he should have folded the flop. If he wasn't sure, then he should have raised for information. Most likely on the flop, but certainly before the river.