PDA

View Full Version : Value Bet??

MercTec
12-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Both villians were loose preflop, but capable of being tricky. My aggressiveness had gotten me checkraised a couple of times. You're move on the river? How about my line on the flop?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (15 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ???

sthief09
12-14-2004, 05:54 PM
yes, easy

colgin
12-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Easy value bet on the river. If you get checkraised you should call even though you will feel sick to your stomach doing so.

MagicRat
12-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Yes. Although looking at this I would probably re-raise the flop. Pot's pretty large so why not show your strength (if people are smart enough to figure it out)?? This is probably why I don't win as much as I should... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MercTec
12-14-2004, 06:33 PM
This had me kicking myself as I hit the check button because I KNEW the right thing to do but I turned into a wus.

Villians had K9 and K10. I guess I was more worried about KJ or KQ....I apparantly gave them too much credit for a hand.

lockenvar
12-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Any other thoughts on reraising the flop? I'm curious to know why it would be a bad(?) play.

MercTec
12-14-2004, 07:00 PM
My thinking is that you're not going to get a flush draw to fold, especially with a large pot, so you're not protecting your hand with a reraise. What a reraise accomplishes is to maximize your current edge and get more money in the hand as a favorite (which I am almost certain I am at this point). I do both...mostly reraise the flop, but decided on a different line here. The pot on the flop was big...but not HUGE, so i tried something new.

Reraising the flop is a good play with aces in this hand. Nothing at all wrong with that line.