PDA

View Full Version : 9-18 commerce AA hand

SossMan
12-14-2004, 03:22 PM
my question is mainly on the turn raise.

very loose, very good game 9-18 at commerce on sunday afternoon. one tight player (not involved in BB), and one good thinking player to my right.

UTG limps, next player (very lag asian, VLA, who has won three pots in a row with hands that included a 5) raises, good player to my right cold calls (?), I three bet w/ AA, button calls three, blinds fold, UTG calls, VLA caps, all call.
5 players (21.5 sb) to the flop:
T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG checks, VLA bets out, good player raises, I three bet, button calls, UTG folds, VLA calls, good player calls.
My thoughts so far are a pair for VLA, an overpair for good player (JJ or QQ). The guy who scares me is the button calling three cold twice. He might have a T.
They have to know what I have, right? I don't care.

Turn (16.75bb): 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
VLA checks, good player bets, I raise , button calls, VLA calls, good player calls.

River (24.75bb): 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
it gets checked around.

Final pot = $445

Thoughts?

Joe Tall
12-14-2004, 03:28 PM
The turn raise is good given your reads.
Too bad the button had the Ten. Did you consider betting the river and folding to a raise?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Bob T.
12-14-2004, 03:29 PM
When I get to the river, I guess, I just think, we all came this far, we may as well go one bet further. I would bet the river, and then flip a mental coin if I get raised, and decide whether or not to call.

Evan
12-14-2004, 04:55 PM
I agree with betting the river, but if you get raised your hand is so not good.

rmarotti
12-14-2004, 05:11 PM
If button has the T, why no river bet?

MagicRat
12-14-2004, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If button has the T, why no river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Monsters (flush draw) under the bed?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Some people think EVERY draw hits... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evan
12-14-2004, 05:35 PM
This was about the worst played trips ever even before the river bet.

SossMan
12-14-2004, 05:53 PM
I guess I had some respect (or they thought I had three cards in my hand) because two players let the river get checked through w/ trips.

Button had Tx and good player had AT (should I change my read on him?) and took it down. I don't know why the good player left so many bets out there. Maybe he wasn't good.