PDA

View Full Version : A-10 offsuit (No-Limit)

07-18-2002, 06:49 PM
No-Limit Hold'em

Re-buy period is over, full table, everybody has good chip position. UTG limps, you're next to act and have A-10 offsuit. Is there any reason to limp along with this hand, even if it's a pretty passive table?

07-18-2002, 07:09 PM
To be honest I can't think of one. I don't want to call a raise with it and I don't want to play a multi-way pot if there's no raise. This has all the hallmarks of a trouble hand/situation.

Andy.

07-19-2002, 10:43 AM
I'll limp with almost anything if it's unlikely to be raised, and the blinds are very small compared to the stack sizes. However, in most tournaments, these conditions seldom exist.

later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

07-19-2002, 05:51 PM
"I'll limp with almost anything if it's unlikely to be raised,.."

What kinda hands are we talking here? J-4s, K-8o, 10-6o, worse?

07-20-2002, 05:14 PM
The chances that someone behind you has a dominating hand are about 40%, so despite the table being passive, you still have to be sure that ppl. behind you don't flat call with TT or better and also usually raise with AQ (and maybe even AJ), so that you can bet toppair with confidence. This means that about 50% of the pots should be raised - not more and not less.

If this isn't the case, I guess you will need a considerable skill edge (and a deep stack) to play that hand profitably.

cu

Ignatius

07-21-2002, 08:55 PM
if the pot odds are right, yes, 10-20 blinds with T1000 chips and 6 players in already, I limp with worse than what you listed, thats how you can make a big hand for cheep money up front

07-22-2002, 10:23 AM
Sure anything, at least sometimes. Depends upon the situation, of course.

I'm sure there is not a single hand that I've never limped with or raised with in holdem, limit or big bet. Sometimes, the cards aren't that important.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)