PDA

View Full Version : help with heads up play at ring game..

arabie
12-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Party, 8handed, $3/$6 Hold'em

Dealt to Hero on the button, [ T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
UTG folds. UTG+1 folds. UTG+2 soonerfan69 folds. MP folds. CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls 5, BB folds.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Hero bets [$3]. SB raises [$6]. Hero calls [$3].

Probably should've folded there, but i thought this guy would've automatically raised because he thinks i would've automatically bet out, so, depending on the turn card, i would be able to reclaim the powerful, aggressive, image. I wanted to set a heads up image so people didn't pull that move on me anymore.. Now thinking back, i should've reraised if thats the case, anyways, heres the rest..

** Dealing Turn ** [ T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Hero bets [$6], SB raises [$12]. Hero raises [$12]. SB calls [$6].

** Dealing River ** [ 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Hero bets [$6]. SB calls [$6].

Hero shows [ T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] a pair of tens.
SB shows [ 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] two pairs, eights and twos.
SB wins $69 from the main pot with two pairs, eights and twos.
ankorba has joined the table.

I'm just really uncomfortable about how i played this hand, so throw me some advice..!

mistrpug
12-14-2004, 03:41 PM
i would have check-raised the turn, but I don't think betting out is bad. You played it fine. The fish got lucky this time.

amirpc
12-14-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry but this hand confuses me, how did you act first on the flop? Did you ommit the checks? Did you checkraise the turn it just appears the checks are all missing.