PDA

View Full Version : Inspiron 8600 owners - plea for help

modaddy
12-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Is there anyone with an 8600 who is mechanically inclined who might be able to walk me into how the enter key assembly fits onto the keyboard? My key was sticking and in an instant of stupidity I popped it off and now I can't get it back on.

Can anyone help? Dell support is telling me I have to replace the whole keyboard for this. UGH...

Nepa
12-14-2004, 03:18 PM
I believe dell is telling you the correct thing. You may have to replace the whole keyboard.

modaddy
12-14-2004, 03:30 PM
To hell with that...

I was able to fix it by popping off one of the other keys carefully and mimicing the assembly on that one. The key is as good as new. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SamJack
12-14-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To hell with that...

I was able to fix it by popping off one of the other keys carefully and mimicing the assembly on that one. The key is as good as new. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the key is broken, you should be able to put it back. I had it happen to a Dell latitude C600 and it was a biatch to figure it out, but at the end it worked.

Good luck.

SamJack

Nepa
12-14-2004, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To hell with that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is the reason that I don't work on hardware, just software and networking.