PDA

View Full Version : Vernacular

sfer
12-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Last night, out with some friends and walking toward the subway to go home, one said, "I feel like I'm going to barf. I'm going to catch a cab."

I hadn't heard barf in years. What happened to it? Do teenagers still say barf? It sounded pretty funny at the time. Is puke really that much better?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Call me old timey, but i like upchuck.

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 02:32 PM
puke or yack, barf is so old school.

Joe Tall
12-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Barf kicks azz, way to go.

Now, the next time one of your friends go home w/a chick, ask them the next day, "So, did you hump her?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

jakethebake
12-14-2004, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, the next time one of your friends go home w/a chick, ask them the next day, "So, did you hump her?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I like Boink or Pork better.

Evan
12-14-2004, 02:43 PM
I heard one of my friends say this last week actually and it sounded really weird as well. I thought I was the only one that thought it was odd, looks like there are 2 of us.

FWIW I would say puke.

YourFoxyGrandma
12-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Scream a rainbow is my favorite.

WEASEL45
12-14-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, the next time one of your friends go home w/a chick, ask them the next day, "So, did you hump her?"

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought it was knocking boots

Joe Tall
12-14-2004, 02:58 PM

Nah, that's way too 90s.

Peace,
Joe Tall

jakethebake
12-14-2004, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You might as well say bumping uglies if you're gonna say that.

Alobar
12-14-2004, 03:03 PM
just say "so, you stick it in her butt?"

_2000Flushes
12-14-2004, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pork better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean coitus?

Pork is definitely a good one. Poke is also good. Puke is pretty standard. The similarity there is a little odd to me.

All of these words triple in value when preceded by the word Projectile.

-2kF

sfer
12-14-2004, 03:04 PM
A friend in college was very fold of using the verb to hump. He also referred to himself drunk as "keyed."

ThaSaltCracka
12-14-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A friend in college was very fold of using the verb to hump. He also referred to himself drunk as "keyed."

[/ QUOTE ]I have heard idiots referred to being drunk as keyed, but any stoner knows that when you are "keyed" you are in fact stoned and not drunk.

sthief09
12-14-2004, 03:09 PM
I like the word "boot" when making fun of someone:

"hahahahahahaha he just booted"

Edge34
12-14-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Scream a rainbow is my favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Technicolor Yawn.

edtost
12-14-2004, 03:16 PM
puke is acceptable, but boot is far more common.

TimM
12-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Years ago I saw someone wearing a t-shirt. On the front it said "25 ways to say drunk", followed by a list. On the back it had "25 ways to say vomit".

I never saw the shirt again. I guess I can re-create some of what was on it at thesaurus.com:

Entry: drunk
Definition: intoxicated
Synonyms: bashed, befuddled, boozed up, buzzed, canned, crocked, drinking, drunken, flushed, flying, fuddled, gassed, glazed, groggy, hammered, high, hosed, in orbit, inebriated, jolly, jugged, juiced, laced, liquored up, lit, lush, merry, muddled, oiled, on a bun, overcome, pie-eyed, plastered, plowed, potted, seeing double, sloshed, soaked, sotted, soused, stewed, stoned, tanked, tight, tipsy, totaled, wasted, zonked

Entry: vomit
Synonyms: barf, be seasick, be sick, belch, bring up, disgorge, dry heave, emit, expel, gag, heave, hurl, keck, lose it, puke, regurgitate, retch, ruminate, spew, spit up, throw up, upchuck

sfer
12-14-2004, 03:19 PM
I remember boot in HS. Nothing screams suburban LI and NJ more than boot. Except maybe saying "oua-some" or "louan-gah" island.

jakethebake
12-14-2004, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember boot in HS. Nothing screams suburban LI and NJ more than boot. Except maybe saying "oua-some" or "louan-gah" island.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guess thats why I never heard boot before. Improving my vocabulary every day here.

_2000Flushes
12-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I was at Hooters in Biloxi a few weeks ago. (There might be three poker tables in the whole town.) We were listening to our 18-year-old waitress squeal on about driving out to parties in the woods where anything goes. At one point I say something about smoking pot, and she reacts like I just took out my dentures.

Her: "Pot? ... That's so old. Nobody says pot anymore."
Me: "Well, what do the cool people in the woods call it?"
Her: "Uhhh. I dunno. Weed, I guess."

After berating her about it until her friend was ready to hook up with me, I realized that by "old" she meant "so two weeks ago."

-2kF

Evan
12-14-2004, 06:43 PM
seriously? I don't think I've ever heard boot used. When I was reading Josh's post I didn't even understand it at first.

I have so much to learn.

Lazymeatball
12-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Booting does have multiple meanings, in addition to references to vomit, it also refers to the practice of taking pills by rectum, such as ectasy for example.

ps. Has anyone said "I wanna jump her bones." Since Dan Larrouquette on Night Court?

mikech
12-14-2004, 10:03 PM
"Barf" will always be around because "air/sea/motion-sickness bag" is too hard to say.