PDA

View Full Version : Q10s BB

Alexthegreat
12-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Live
2/4
Good game

Button overplays his big hands...(capped the turn with an unimproved AK drawing to a gutshot..yikes)

I have Q /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif in BB....

3 limpers, button raises, SB calls, everyone calls.....6 to the flop

Flop
T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, everyone calls to the button who raises, SB folds....I call, everyone calls...

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to the button who bets, I checkraise, everyone folds, button 3-bets, I call

River is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check-call.....

Fat Nicky
12-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Given your read...nice hand.

Grease
12-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Nice one. I liked the check raise. I may have tried it on the flop though, but the turn worked out well.

The Dude
12-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Booo. 3-bet the flop and lead out on the turn. If he raises you there you can either 3-bet or call down depending on just how much he overplays his hands.

You have a ton of equity in this pot, and your main concern on the flop shouldn't be driving others out - which calling his raise and checkraising the turn is best for.

The Dude
12-14-2004, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I liked the check raise. I may have tried it on the flop though

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you always check-raise flush draws on the flop to drive people out?

chief444
12-14-2004, 02:01 PM
I guess I can see given your read what you were thinking. But top pair good kicker + flush draw is a pretty strong hand not to 3-bet the flop, IMO.

Alexthegreat
12-14-2004, 02:03 PM
I want to protect my hand....With just a flush draw I pound the flop and check call the turn, but since I have top pair as well, when I miss the turn my focus becomes winning the hand, not keeping people in....

Grease
12-14-2004, 02:05 PM
If he can thin the field a little, it makes it more likely that his hand would stand up unimproved. I do agree that his pot equity is enourmous, and that 3-betting the flop would definitely be correct.

Grease
12-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Actually, I like the 3-bet flop, lead the turn line better. My original line was not optimal. Thanks for correcting me, Dude.

The Dude
12-14-2004, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he can thin the field a little, it makes it more likely that his hand would stand up unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm more concerned with maximizing my winnings than maximizing the chances I'll win the pot. Even in a pot this large, your pot equity on the flop is large enough to drag people along.

The Dude
12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With just a flush draw I pound the flop and check call the turn, but since I have top pair as well, when I miss the turn my focus becomes winning the hand, not keeping people in....

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got it backwards here. A greater flop equity gives you more reason to jam the flop.