PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football lineup questions

Peca277
12-14-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm a FF novice but still managed my way up to first place heading into the playoffs this week. Now that it really matters, I need some advice from more skilled ballers.

RB- Derrick Blaylock or Emmit Smith, with Johnson's breakout performance yesterday I'm leaning towards Smith.

WR- Moulds, Patten, Burleson, Stokely, Kennison. I'm definitely playing Stokely, for my other 2 slots I'm leaning towards Kennison and Moulds. I might just be stuck on Moulds since I'm a Bills fan and know he should be performing better than he is.

All recommendations and advice is welcome! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wayabvpar
12-14-2004, 04:05 PM
I thought Emmitt was gimped still? I would lean toward Blaylock, unless you hear that Johnson has won the starting job. At WR, I would start Stokely and Moulds for sure; the other 3 are all pure crap...flip a coin and hope for the best.

Edge34
12-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Its clearly Burleson after that, man.

He plays for a team with the second-best QB and a huge offense. Randy is drawing a lot of double-teams, and although Marcus Robinson is getting a lot of looks when Randy is covered, Burleson's quick and a good pass-catcher.

Moulds, Stokley, and Burleson.

How'd you get stuck with this type of lineup decision? Who do you have at the other positions?

Peca277
12-14-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its clearly Burleson after that, man.

He plays for a team with the second-best QB and a huge offense. Randy is drawing a lot of double-teams, and although Marcus Robinson is getting a lot of looks when Randy is covered, Burleson's quick and a good pass-catcher.

Moulds, Stokley, and Burleson.

How'd you get stuck with this type of lineup decision? Who do you have at the other positions?

[/ QUOTE ]

My worry with Burleson is that he broke his nose/finger this past week. I was leaning towards Patten since there is a good chance NE will light up Miami.

QB- Manning/Brees (although Brees never got a start)

RB- Bettis is the other back I didn't mention in the original post.

TE- McMichael

K- Kaeding/Dawson

D- Chicago/Cincinatti

Paluka
12-14-2004, 04:44 PM
I need to choose 2 of Barber, Bettis and Blaylock and either Patten or Porter at WR. A few weeks ago I had the best team in my league with the Giants winning and Tiki and Priest at RB. Now I'm terrible but I'm limping through the playoffs.

Michael Davis
12-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Just remember that some of us started with great teams that have been depleted by injuries and are desperately praying that our inferior garbage pulls through in the playoffs.

-Michael

Edge34
12-14-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just remember that some of us started with great teams that have been depleted by injuries and are desperately praying that our inferior garbage pulls through in the playoffs.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been that guy...a lot. This year is actually the first year I'm anything resembling confident in the 5 years my league has existed.

QBs: McNabb, Brees

RBs: Rudi Johnson, Clinton Portis, Nick Goings (I got to him first)...I've also got Michael Bennett, but that kinda fell through. Underachievers all of them, except Goings. Portis is finally getting his game back, but Rudi's got tough matchups.

WRs: Some crap, like Plaxico Burress and Roy Williams who both looked spectacular for like two weeks. Joe Horn is my centerpiece and Derrick Mason was my trade acquisition. Working out ok. Not great.

TE: Shockey - nobody hates Eli Manning more than me. Or Tom Coughlin, for that matter.

K: A decision between Billy Cundiff and Phil Dawson. Serviceable.

D: Bills, who were for some reaosn free agents in my league recently. This is helping me.

Edge34
12-14-2004, 04:59 PM
I'd probably start Bettis over Blaylock, especially if it looks like Larry Johnson's gonna get more time. Bettis get almost all the goal-line carries for Pittsburgh.

It has been my policy to avoid all Patriot receivers if I can. I've got Jerry Porter on my roster too and would almost have to go with him just because the Raiders are sure to be playing from behind and throwing a lot.

-Edge

SomethingClever
12-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Anyone know if Plaxico is going to be ready this week?

My receivers suck... I need him!

jakethebake
12-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Looking at your team, how the hell are you in first place?

Peca277
12-14-2004, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peyton Manning /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Edge34
12-14-2004, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peyton Manning /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The team with Peyton in our league just got bounced - first round of the playoffs. The guy with Larry Johnson has bad enough RBs that he had to start him, and it worked. Peyton's owner, needless to say, wasn't too happy.

Word is Plax might (MIGHT) be able to go some this weekend. Keep watching the news for that one.