PDA

View Full Version : Aggression Factor Breakdown

Bullajami
12-14-2004, 09:25 AM
In Poker Tracker, Aggression factor is (bet + raise)/call

Mine is too low/passive.

How can I tell if I bet + raise tool little

or call too much? What are some good base numbers for these stats?

Peace,
Bull

witeknite
12-14-2004, 11:44 AM
I vote for both. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you're in EP, do you check/call a lot? Unless you're on a draw that has odds to call, but not enough equity to bet, then that's the line to take. If you have enough equity though, you probably should bet or maybe c/r if a PF raiser is immediatly on your left. Do you do this with a good flush draw on the flop with >2 opponents?

If you're in LP and someone in EP bets, do you raise with a decent hand or call fearing a monster?

Hope this helps.

WiteKnite

Bullajami
12-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Here is a sample hand:

Bullajami is the C/O in a limit hold'em game
JJ in the pocket

EP limps
MP limps
Bullajami raises
BB call
EP calls
MP calls

flop = K 5 4 rainbow

check
check
check
Bullajami bets
BB folds
EP folds
MP calls

turn = 6
MP check
Bullajami bets
MP raises
Bullajami calls

turn = blank
MP bets
Bullajami calls
MP shows 66

witeknite
12-14-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure I see how this represents a problem with aggression. You PFR'ed, bet when checked to on flop with only one overcard to your pair, and bet when checked to again on a rather blank-y turn card. Checking it through on the turn won't help your aggression.

Look for hands where you check/called without the pot odds to make that call, or maybe calling a bet in LP when you have a good hand and thus should raise.

Also, what is your breakdown of agression over the three streets?

WiteKnite

Bullajami
12-14-2004, 01:19 PM
My belief is that my problem with aggression is represented by the calls I made on the turn and river when I should probably have folded. On this hand I made one raise, two bets, and two calls. one hand AF of 1.5, on a hand I started out as hot as I could in a limit game.

I realize I am just playing with these numbers to a certain extent, and one hand does not represent my poker skills. My suspicion about my game is that I just call too darn much when I should be folding. How can I verify that using PT?

I am at work now, and my PT data is at home. I will post my AF by street this evening. Thanks for your time and attention.

witeknite
12-14-2004, 01:54 PM
I don't think calling down is to bad in this hand. Are you planning on folding to a turn c/r in this type situation everytime? That gives a thinking opponent a reason to take shots at you. I think I would call the c/r and fold the turn uniproved.

Another question is what limit you are playing at. You are in the forum for 2/4 and up. If you are not playing aggressive enough, I would recomend playing .5/1 until you get a handle on your game.

WiteKnite