PDA

View Full Version : Two EP Preflop Decisions (5/10 Live, Ultra-Laggy Table)

uw_madtown
12-14-2004, 07:37 AM
I played in Milwaukee last night/this morning in the Potawatomi 5/10 full kill game. Six hours, +$250. For about two, three, maybe even four hours, it was an ultra-laggy table, often 3-bet or capped preflop six to eight people. Good times -- even when I lost a huge kill pot (something like $450) with pocket kings. Check the B&M forum for a longer trip report in a bit.

This about this game was that while you could absolutely count on people cold-calling like crazy, if you limped/coldcalled a raise, it may very well come back to you capped. I'd say that from UTG+1 -- where both these decisions took place -- there was a 50-60% chance that it'd come back around 2 more bets to you, with 5-8 players prepared to call the 3-bet or cap.

In both hands, I was UTG+1. Medium LAG raises UTG.

First time, I muck 22. Flop comes with another 2, my set would have been good (and would have gotten a lot of action from two guys with 2 pair and another overplaying TPTK).

Second time, I muck Ah7h. Flop comes two hearts, third heart on the river. Again, lots of action, and my hand would have been good.

Obviously the outcome is fairly inconsequentially. Obviously both of these hands are worth limping with from EP, even in a much tougher game. Facing a UTG raise, and potential 3-betting and capping behind me from the LAGs, is mucking good or bad? I was really unsure both times, so I mucked. Given that I was almost assured of six way action, I'm thinking that these hands may be worth coldcalling with here, but I'm not sure at all.

--

Also, the forum would have been proud, as I proved myself master of the live straddle. When the King LAG left the table and the rest tightened up a bit, I posted a live straddle two hands later. UTG+1 then threw in a blind raise and UTG+2 said he'd make it four bets if he had anything even remotely decent -- so four bets it was. One Sucky McSuckerson cold-called four from MP, everyone else including blinds fold back to me, I look down and see 82s so I call two more bets, blind-raiser calls as well. Flop comes J8K rainbow, check-call. Three to the turn, which produces a 2. I bet out with my two pair, MP douche calls me. River is another J and I die a little inside. Check, check, my second pair no kicker is good. I resume normal TAG play and everyone starts giving lots of laggy action once more.

uw_madtown
12-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Bump -- longer trip report here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1388021&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=&vc=1).