PDA

View Full Version : 44 - Missed River Bet? Too aggressive on turn?

JoshuaD
12-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (21 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 28 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

I wasn't sure what to think after this hand. Should I have 4-bet that river? Should I have just called the 3-bet on the turn?

Thanks.

Vaftrudner
12-14-2004, 07:27 AM
If he's not totally retarded the only hand he can have here is 53. I'd probably just call the river when he bets out again after you cap the turn. /v

cockandbull
12-14-2004, 08:00 AM
I play this the same.

JoshuaD
12-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Anyone else?

droolie
12-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Think about the hands you are behind. You lose to three hands here: AA, JJ, 35. He probably raises pf with AA or JJ, so they're out. If he has 35 you're quite unlucky. Since there's only one hand I fear (35) I'm capping the river hoping villian has AJ, A2, A4 or 22. Calling is fine though as he's certainly betting like he has the nuts.

JoshuaD
12-14-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Think about the hands you are behind. You lose to three hands here: AA, JJ, 35. He probably raises pf with AA or JJ, so they're out. If he has 35 you're quite unlucky. Since there's only one hand I fear (35) I'm capping the river hoping villian has AJ, A2, A4 or 22. Calling is fine though as he's certainly betting like he has the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention my read, which has this guy as *edit* TP-N. (Misread poker tracker, I had forgotten the specifics of the hand by the time I posted it)

Not sure if this changes anything in your post, but I wanted to throw that in here.

droolie
12-14-2004, 01:33 PM
The read doesn't help too much because it doesn't clear up either issue (pf or river). Since he's passive pf, he may not have raised AA or JJ so they're back on the table but given his postflop aggression he's also likely to bet aggressively with just two pair.

The real question is just how passive is he pf?

If he's O% pfr I probably call the river fearing he has on of the three hands (AA,JJ, 35) that could beat me. If he's 4% pfr I value bet him thinking I'm only behind one hand and it's more likley he's pushing 2 pair.

JoshuaD
12-14-2004, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The read doesn't help too much because it doesn't clear up either issue (pf or river). Since he's passive pf, he may not have raised AA or JJ so they're back on the table but given his postflop aggression he's also likely to bet aggressively with just two pair.

The real question is just how passive is he pf?

If he's O% pfr I probably call the river fearing he has on of the three hands (AA,JJ, 35) that could beat me. If he's 4% pfr I value bet him thinking I'm only behind one hand and it's more likley he's pushing 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my edit above, I misread poker tracker, and he was a TP-N. He was just your typical rock. I saw him raise AA, so he wasn't limping with big pocket pairs.