PDA

View Full Version : A4s - I dont like any of this

cockandbull
12-14-2004, 06:51 AM
Button is quite laggy 50/6.5, but more over is not that aggro postflop 0.6. Just from the timing of his bets i figured he was on some sort of bluff, but calling down with bottom pair is really bad imo. I'm trying to figure out a better line for these sorts of hands. I can't really fold at anypoint (can i?), but betting seems to suck as well.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Vaftrudner
12-14-2004, 07:17 AM
With those numbers it looks like his quite passive? Which means that when he bets he's got something? So, bet the flop, call the turn, fold the river. /v

Ajax410
12-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Flop is an easy bet for me.

Turn is an easy bet for me.

River is an easy bet for me.

I don't like all the checking - you garner NO information.

Alex

zuluking
12-14-2004, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is an easy bet for me.

Turn is an easy bet for me.

River is an easy bet for me.

I don't like all the checking - you garner NO information.

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I don't know about all that. You could attempt a c/r on the flop to get a free lookie-loo on the turn and river.

btspider
12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
i'm not sure you can rely on a "not that aggro" player betting this flop with something we beat. i probably bet the flop and go from there.

kiemo
12-14-2004, 11:15 AM
I bet this flop, however if I take your line and check, I go for the check-raise, hoping this scares him into giving me a free river card if I have to check the turn.

Turn is a check/call.
River is a check/fold.

droolie
12-14-2004, 11:38 AM
The reason why you don't feel good about this is you were a calling station on this hand. Your line here is what we hope our opponents will do. Bet this hand aggressively. You have 14 outs to a probable winner and you might be ahead on the flop.

Bet or check raise the flop. I prefer betting out. This pot is small and with the draw you have you'd like to get more $$ in there. Winning it right there isn't terrible either as you haven't made your hand yet. You can't expect to get paid when you hit your flush when you play your draws like this. If a third spade falls and you "wake up" he's folding or calling down at best, even if that card improves his hand. Betting the flop disguises the fact that you are on a draw.

Check raising gives you the possibility of getting a free card on the turn but this is unlikely as you are out of position and the other player would have to be smart enough to fear a second C/R which is dubious at best.

If you had bet the flop, the river call/ fold decison becomes easier because you will hopefully have more info than you have now. When the flop is checked to the button and he bets it means less than nothing. Many players, even the most passive ones will auto-bet in this situation, especially against only 2 opponents. His turn and river best are also meaningless because you checked to him HU. He could very easily be bluffing on all streets.

Ajax410
12-14-2004, 01:50 PM
I honestly think my line is best...at least until the river. But, you could also go with the typical:

Check/Call Flop
Check/Call Turn
Bet River

That's a plan for Axs that a lot of 2+2ers really think is best. I wouldn't use it here only because of the insane number of outs the nut flush draw + 2 pair offers.

Alex

cockandbull
12-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Villian mucked his hand, checking the HH it showed he had ATo.