PDA

View Full Version : A bad fold?

plaster8
12-14-2004, 06:05 AM
(This is my first hand post, so bear with me.)

$4/8 live game, four players in the pot, which is about $40. Nothing unusual until the river, which makes the board A-K-Q-J-10 with three hearts (the third coming on the river).

I'm UTG and check. Three players behind me go bet, call, raise.

Fully realizing the raise may be a bluff, I fold, reasoning that I'm calling $16 and hoping for a four-way chop of a ~$70 pot.

What should I have done?

Thanks,
Mike

thirddan
12-14-2004, 06:29 AM
folding is fine...

plaster8
12-14-2004, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the reply. There was no flush, so I cost myself the chop, but I just didn't feel right calling that raise when I had so little upside.

Yeknom58
12-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Well when did the flush come? Was it runner runner? What was the exact action on the other streets. Not knowing any of this it looks like you're beat but it's hard to say withough knowing the other information.

plaster8
12-15-2004, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well when did the flush come? Was it runner runner? What was the exact action on the other streets. Not knowing any of this it looks like you're beat but it's hard to say withough knowing the other information.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flush was not runner-runner. There were six callers pre-flop. Flop was checked to the button, who bet, and three players called. Turn was checked around. And then the river betting action described in my earlier post.

Guy who raised on the river looked to be a fairly decent player who saw too many flops, but was quick to ditch his hand if he didn't catch a piece.