PDA

View Full Version : Lay these aces down?

Grease
12-14-2004, 02:36 AM
UTG+1 is a decent lady. I apply the term "decent" pretty liberally in this game, as it is softer than party 2/4. She was somewhat tightish, but had an acceptable aggression level. Button is way loose passive. Lay it down on the river?

Borgata 6/12 Holdem (10 handed)

I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the CO

UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, 4 folds, I raise, button calls, blinds fold, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check, bet, call, call.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

She checked, but for some reason, I thought she might check raise. Maybe I was paranoid, but I had a feeling. I bet anyways, because if she would c/r with two pair, I didn't want the button a free card to chase. What do you think? Am I folding here without the trump ace?

He called, she raised, we both called.

River: Not a diamond. She bet, I and the button called. Fold it here?

Chaos_ult
12-14-2004, 02:39 AM
Given your read, I think it's fairly acceptable to fold to the turn checkraise. What could you possibly be ahead of on the turn?

Grease
12-14-2004, 02:41 AM
I have a flush draw to the nuts. The turn is an easy call IMO. I do agree that folding without the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is correct.

PantherZ
12-14-2004, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given your read, I think it's fairly acceptable to fold to the turn checkraise. What could you possibly be ahead of on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the nut flush draw on the turn with 8.5 BB's in the pot would be horrible.

Chaos_ult
12-14-2004, 02:43 AM
I honestly completely missed that.

Sorry /images/graemlins/smile.gif