PDA

View Full Version : Correctly Played Overcards Hand

GrunchCan
12-14-2004, 02:16 AM
I believe I played this hand correctly. Agree or no?

Edit: If you disagree, please comment as to why in white.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds

Shillx
12-14-2004, 02:18 AM
Shill's Tip: <font color="white">Bet the flop</font> /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shill

Shill's Super-Mega Tip: <font color="white">Raise Preflop</font> /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrunchCan
12-14-2004, 02:24 AM
<font color="white">
Shill's Super-Mega Tip: Raise Preflop

I don't like PFR with KJs so early. I'll do it from MP2 and later. If the table is ultra super pasive (this one wasn't) then from MP1 or maybe even UTG2; but never from UTG.

And I think you might be right abt betting the flop. I may have underestimated my pot equity.

stabn
12-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Note that it isn't just overcards. It's overcards + backdoor flush + gutshot. I think your line is fine. If you were last to act, and everyone had folded to the bet, so you can feel more comfortable that all your outs are clean, it would probably be a call with that pot size. With two possible callers behind you it's hard to know how many outs are clean. Especially since your backdoor draw is now dead, and you are just on gutshut + overcards.

GrunchCan
12-14-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm bumping this to get more feedback.

On the flop, I've got 9.25 outs (2.5 J's, 1.5 K's 4 Q's, 1.25 BDF) and about 32% equity in the pot. At 32% equity against 6 opponents, I've got a healthy equity edge, so I should bet the flop if checked to.

On the turn, I don't have an equity edge anymore, but I've still got odds to play. I should have check-called &amp; saw the river.

Right?

DrBob
12-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Counting your overcards as 4 outs, collectively, seems too much, because of the 2-flush on board issue. On the turn, MP3's bet lessens the likelihood he's on a flush draw, but you have two potential callers after you, who might be. Given this, the turn odds look slightly unfavorable, and I'd fold at that point.

meep_42
12-14-2004, 12:47 PM
<font color="white"> I'd count it as 7 outs, would bet the flop, call a raise, and check-fold or check-call the turn, depending on the flop action, no. of opponents left, and pot size. </font>

-d