PDA

View Full Version : 4 Poker Situations I Remember

Nelson
12-14-2004, 02:05 AM
I was thinking about memorable hands and situations since I began playing hold'em in 2002. I remember four:

1) KK: about 6 months into online poker, I raised/re-raised/capped KK on a non-scary board on UB 1-2. The pot was over $100 on the river and it was one bet to me (obviously preceded with some heavy and dramatic action). I really wanted to fold - but I somehow managed to find a call and won. That ranks higly in the most important lessons that I've gained from experience..

2) I originally thought I made the right play on this hand, just wanted to confirm with 2+2.

March 28, 2003

Me: "Hi, These are two hands that I had trouble with, any insight would be greatly appreciated."

2/4 Online 45% of flop being seen.

Hand 1: This hand was interesting for me because of the large number seeing the flop. I'm MP with 5 5.

UG bets, loose EMP calls, I call, LP call, Button calls, SB calls, BB raises, UG calls, EMP calls, I call, LP calls, Button calls, SB re-raises, BB reraises, UG calls, EMP calls, <font color="black"> </font> I FOLD

Of course, I would have flopped trips (Nov 2004 Edit: I think I meant a set) and taken down the pot, but that may be irrelevant. Good fold, or should I have called the re-raise?

JTG51: "Your fold in the first hand is terrible."

Elysiuem: "hi nelson, terrible fold. who told you to fold? you shouldn't have been in the hand unless you knew that it would go 5-way. eh, you're in a passive. no, you shouldn't have come in. who told you that you could even get in with that from EP in a passive? still, the dand thing gets aggressive, the very thing you want. and now you get out!...what do i have to tell you? yea, you're in the lead. are you the one that folded the 5s or 6s, the pair? you cannot do that. i'm not going to tell you to read nelson. if you want to do your homework thats up to you. i'm not telling you what to do."

Bob T.: "(good explanation of the situation followed by) What do you think you should have done?

davidross: "IMHO, you played (this) hand too weakly.

JTG51: "Elysium, like everyone else I have a very hard time understanding your posts."

Elysiuem: "hi nelson, yea that was a bad fold. you had the correct number of opponents. you were in much better shape than you thought. enough for hand 1. hand 2 now; awful nelson. not your fault. nelson you need to hit the books again. hit the books nelson. "

and I did...

3) Flopped a Royal Flush.

4) Americas Cardroom - First time playing online in a NL Freeroll, no clue how to play, being taunted by regular freerollers because I was folding to players who (obviously) weren't there. Online poker can be intimidating if you don't know what you're doing.

Nelson
12-14-2004, 02:17 AM
you know, sometimes, you think you have something worthwhile to share, then you re-read it and it just doesn't flow. and you would delete it, but you can't find the edit/delete buttons, and you think, "I'm never going to make it to 50 posts"... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gl,

Nelson