PDA

View Full Version : Will online poker games remain soft

jokerthief
12-14-2004, 01:45 AM

Michael Davis
12-14-2004, 02:44 AM
A big reason for the first no is the second no.

-Michael

jokerthief
12-14-2004, 02:52 AM
What if the new inexperienced players multi-table as well?

lorinda
12-14-2004, 02:57 AM
"No, fads always end quicker than you believe possible when in the middle of one"

Lori

Non_Comformist
12-14-2004, 03:05 AM
then they will die off just that must faster.

It makes me wonder if it is truly in the best interest of the poker rooms to allow multitabling.

jokerthief
12-14-2004, 03:20 AM
That's a good point. On this question I am symmetrically conflicted. I can see rational for "Yes" and "No". I don't know what to think.

Non_Comformist
12-14-2004, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a good point. On this question I am symmetrically conflicted. I can see rational for "Yes" and "No". I don't know what to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how feel about it. On the one hand 4 tabling allows for more tables, regular or pro players who generate more rake and keep the games going. All very good reasons to keep the stats quo.

However if it results in basically busting the new or casual player at pace which they can't be replaced then the result is a bunch of regulars feeding off each other and quickly drying up.

I'm not sure a if any solution would be, or if there really is a problem.

The difference between this fad and others is this one is addictive. Which is good for its long term prospects. LV boomed and has kept growing without any signs of slowing down, the same goes pretty much any type of gambling and for alcohol, ciggarettes and drugs for that matter.

phixxx
12-14-2004, 03:55 AM
I'm hoping that someday this forum will remain free of a post like this 5 times a week.

lorinda
12-14-2004, 04:00 AM
The difference between this fad and others is this one is addictive

I don't think gambling will slow down, but people will eventually work out that holdem is basically boring and someone will release a more entertaining form of gambling, at least online.

Live poker will probably always be popular as it has social implications too.

Lori

goofball
12-14-2004, 07:30 AM
gambling is not a fad

vegas was not built on winners

lacky
12-14-2004, 08:16 AM
I can't even answer this.

First, there is no time frame. For one year, yes, for 10, who knows.

Second, it isn't soft now compared to live. 3/6 live is MUCH softer than the typical party 3/6. So are you asking if it will stay more profitable for good players playing lots of tables, or if it will stay "soft"?

Steve

lacky
12-14-2004, 08:20 AM
Good players would multitable anyway. Does it really matter long term if we all played 4 tables on 4 different sites, or 4 tables on one site. We are still soaking up the money.

Steve

jokerthief
12-14-2004, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So are you asking if it will stay more profitable for good players playing lots of tables, or if it will stay "soft"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think because of the nature of the game it will always stay profitable for good players. Will the standard for being classified as a good player become more exclusive though? Is the game soft right now because it is realativly new and aggregately inexperienced and given time will the aggregate gain more experience causing the game to toughen? Or will the growth of new players off set the maturation of those already playing?

As far as a time frame, lets say over the next 5 years.

jokerthief