PDA

View Full Version : Super-tight games at Ultimate Bet....

Mr_RC
12-14-2004, 01:44 AM
I play mainly $0.5/$1 over at UB and lately the games are so tight it seems more like the stakes are $50/$100. I'm starting to get worried that UB may be in trouble and I should withdraw my accounts there.

Opinions?

12ozLongneck
12-14-2004, 02:19 AM
I've spent some time at UB in the past few weeks and it doesn't look like there are any more or less players than there were the last time I was there a few months ago. I'm not sure why there's such a drastic dropoff between the number of .25/.50 and .50/1 tables.

Mr_RC
12-14-2004, 02:28 AM
I'd never really noticed the games being so tight until I started playing at Party Poker. Now trying to clear the December bonus at UB and the games just seem super-tight. Not sure if anything changed or I just became aware.

bennyk
12-14-2004, 03:28 AM
I have found that the games on UB vary wildly depending on the time of day.

Because of this, I will pass on games there between like 4am and 3pm. At other times I can usually find a good game.

More and more lately, I just fire up party when I don't see a good table at UB.

bk

mcozzy1
12-14-2004, 03:31 AM
Yeah. I play the $1/2 games. I can't believe how tight they got. I think a lot of it might have had something to do with the December bonus. A lot of people are probably just trying to clear the bonus.

I did withdraw my money from UB even though I have more than $100 in bonus dollars. It's just so tight now that it's not worth it.

TobDog
12-14-2004, 03:33 AM
Its ok, the bonus $ never expite!

Bobby Digital
12-14-2004, 04:10 AM
They are extremely tight at times but there are still bad players. They are very weak and you will see way too many folds on the flop and the turn for them to be playing correctly. I'm almost finished with 180 bonus dollars at .5/1, and it wasn't as bad as I expected. The kill games are usually the best.

Drunk Bob
12-14-2004, 04:34 AM
It's the bonuses.I just got an e-mail offering some Godawful seeming Juicy bonus.

But I already have $400 in uncleared Boni at this site this does not appeal to me greatly.

these Boni{bonuses} take a long time to clear and thus all the fish and bonus Whores are at other sites due to all the boni available right now.

Beavis68
12-14-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are extremely tight at times but there are still bad players. They are very weak and you will see way too many folds on the flop and the turn for them to be playing correctly. I'm almost finished with 180 bonus dollars at .5/1, and it wasn't as bad as I expected. The kill games are usually the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it is a strange phenomenon. I was playing Omaha hi/lo, and only 3-4 people were seeing flops, I was expecting to see AA23, A236, KKQJds and such. Nope is was A679, K792, 2577 and crap like that.

Yads
12-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Yes the holdem games are way too tight, some even dropping to below 40% flop at 25c/50c. Luckily the O8 games are still somewhat juicy. Mind you most of the players are weak tight so beating them isn't too tough.