PDA

View Full Version : Orleans Open Trip Report

07-13-2002, 12:26 AM
I got in to town Sunday and before the days was over won entries into the $230 limit holdem and the $230 NL holdem. Played a live 10/20 game and won $245. Pretty tough game, only person I recognized was Mike Majerus (seemed loose, very loose!).

$230 limit holdem.....I was very fortunate early in the tourney as my JJ became JJJJ on the flop and I picked up a nice pot from 2 callers of my preflop raise. They both called a bet on flop and 1 stayed all the way. I even got to check raise him on the turn. One other hand of note...AA in the big blind..UTG had raised and 1 caller, I reraised and we saw a flop of A65. Board paired on turn nd I got called and even raised once all the way by 1 player. Almost no other playable hands until the limits were (I think) 400/800. I get JJ in big blind with no callers ( my stack was app. 2800) I raise and big blind calls...flop comes 10/6/3...BB bets I raise and he makes it 3 bets. Set??? turns is 5. BB checks, I bet he calls. River 6. He bets....hmmmmmmmmm?....I'm all-in and he shows Q6 offsuit! I'm out....bad luck? I played poorly? Help me out here, please!

$230 NL holdem, I play tight aggressive and triple my stack by the break. I'm really playing "in the zone" for the first time in a great while. I decide not to rebuy, then decide why am I here and rebuy. I've got about $2800 and the blinds are 50/100. I'm in the BB and there are 4 limpers including the SB, I look down and see 9/10o. I check and we see a flop of 678 rainbow. I bet 200 and UTG+2 raises to 800 cutoff and button call, sb folds. What do I do now? I moved all-in. UTG+2 (chip leader) reraises all-in and cutoff calls, button folds. turn is (i think) K and river is 6. UTG+2 shows 88 and I muck and leave. Was moving in correct? Was the beat just unavoidable? Tell what you think.

Off to The Mirage for some 10/20. Pretty uneventful, but I did have 1 good run and won $645 in about 5 hours. I get up the next day and go back for some 10/20. I get on the list and decide to play some 6/12 while waiting with one of the weakest lineup of players ever assembled. This group of the most unnowledgeable and terrible players proceeded to give me a lesson in 6/12 holdem to the tune of about $300 when I was mercifully called to the 10/20 game where I maneged to win back from some talented players what the "shmucks" had taken from me, well almost all of it ($260).

So, all in all a nice trip to the shark infested waters of Vegas. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Critique my tourney play!

Oh and to finish the trip in style and really make a splash in Vegas on my last day I ventured over to the craps table.............OUCH!

07-13-2002, 12:33 AM