PDA

View Full Version : Top full house... got slowrolled by nut quads.

pshreck
12-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Hi all. Just had my first ever top fullhouse busted by quad 3's.

The guy was the small blind. After he raised the river, I pushed. He took the full time length, maybe 3 minutes (they give you a ton of time when you have so many chips invested).

He talked a lot, kept saying I dont know what to do. Talking to people at the table, etc. Eventually he said something like "I really hope you have the flush", whatever that meant.

He calls after like 2 min 45 seconds with the quads.

I have this all on log of course.... do I have any legitimate complaint to make with party poker...? In reference to excessive stalling with the nuts.

I doubt it, just asking.

Benholio
12-14-2004, 12:46 AM
That guy is a jerk of the worst kind, but I'm afraid there's nothing that Party will/can/should do about it.

Had a guy do this to me with quad aces before, and wanted to reach through the monitor and throttle him.

SuitedSixes
12-14-2004, 12:46 AM
No, put him on your Buddy List, and stalk him.

pshreck
12-14-2004, 12:54 AM
It put me on tilt a little bit, and I pushed with JJ against the chip leader in my other game, with blinds 50/100 (questionable because chip lead is the BB). He quickly called another 2100 chips with A10off (if he loses he has 375 chips or something). Spikes an ace on the turn and I bust in both. Took me a lot of restraint not to berate him for making a ridiculous call with A 10.

Mr_J
12-14-2004, 12:56 AM
man I love this reply /images/graemlins/grin.gif

captZEEbo1
12-14-2004, 01:18 AM
that's the most unsportsmanlike thing you can do in poker( unless of course, there was someone to act behind him or something, but since it's heads up, it's plain terrible). Nothing you can do about it though.

alexbrew
12-14-2004, 01:21 AM
That very thing happened to me in a limit O8 tourney tonight. Board puts a third 9 down on the river. I have AAXX and put the only other player left all-in with a bet... he waits forever before calling with a 9 in his hand. I figured he was making a bad call he took so long. I still can't figure out what his motive was.

pshreck
12-14-2004, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I still can't figure out what his motive was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, as Billy Crystal says, quoted on Howard Stern almost daily.... "It's not fun, and its not funny."

morgan180
12-14-2004, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"It's not fun, and its not funny."

[/ QUOTE ]

man, just reading that makes me laugh /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Iconoclastic
12-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Hmmm, sounds like a good way to put someone on tilt...

alexbrew
12-14-2004, 02:35 AM
I think getting your boat beat by quads is enough to put most on tilt. The slowrolling of an all-in with the nuts is just rude, but I don't think poker is the game to play when looking for sportsmanship.

3rdEye
12-14-2004, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That very thing happened to me in a limit O8 tourney tonight. Board puts a third 9 down on the river. I have AAXX and put the only other player left all-in with a bet... he waits forever before calling with a 9 in his hand. I figured he was making a bad call he took so long. I still can't figure out what his motive was.

[/ QUOTE ]

He might have been confused about what he actually had; I find that a lot of players have trouble reading their hands correctly in Omaha8.