PDA

View Full Version : Has Interpoker always allowed unlimited raises heads up? or is it new?

steamboatin
12-13-2004, 11:30 PM
I just noticed that if the betting round is heads up there doesn't appear to be a cap. I never noticed it before last week but the site is so tight, it just might not have happened when I was playing.

csuf_gambler
12-13-2004, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed that if the betting round is heads up there doesn't appear to be a cap. I never noticed it before last week but the site is so tight, it just might not have happened when I was playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

its been like that before last week

steamboatin
12-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Okay, the play is pretty tight there so I probably never saw it happen before. I won a nice pot tonight heads up against a maniac.

realwtf
12-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Yes they have always allowed unlimited raises heads up

OrangeBaller
12-14-2004, 07:40 AM
That was one of the first things I noticed about play at Interpoker. I saw a pot in a 1/2 go up to $103 because they kept raising each other on the river until one guy was all in. The all-in guy had quads. The other guy immediately left the room. I wonder why.

MicroBob
12-14-2004, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never noticed it before last week but the site is so tight

[/ QUOTE ]

Play at the right times on the right tables and it's looser than party.

Play at the wrong times on the wrong tables and you're playing against a bunch of bonus-whoring 2+2'ers.

The games are much looser in the afternoon (which is prime-time Europe) and on the sterling tables (albeit with a significantly worse rake so use your own judgement.

The 6-max players on crypto at the correct times make the party 6-maxers look squeaky-tight.

THEHATE
12-14-2004, 08:29 AM
used to cap rake until around half a year ago. Rarely makes a difference unless there is a (some) luntatic(s) on the table though in the $1/$2 game

DocMartin
12-15-2004, 01:41 AM
I saw this for the first time and was kind of amazed. Tried to do it with quads once but the guy ran out of money after the first raise. Put another guy all in heads up getting the pot up to $83 but we both turned over the nut straight.

This goes against the typical idea that a site doesnt want a player to lose all their money too quickly, but it sure must increase their rake on those big hands.

MicroBob
12-15-2004, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but it sure must increase their rake on those big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The heads-up raises are no-cap.
But there IS a cap on the rake I assume (isn't there??).

If there is a cap on the rake then there isn't going to be too much difference in the rake with the unlimited heads-up raises.

Russ McGinley
12-15-2004, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, the play is pretty tight there so I probably never saw it happen before. I won a nice pot tonight heads up against a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you the guy that had KQ against a moron's AJ with a AJTxx board?

AncientPC
12-15-2004, 03:44 AM
Rake is capped at $3.

Rudbaeck
12-15-2004, 03:57 AM
It's always been like that. And I luuuuuuv it! 23-betting the river is so much fun!