PDA

View Full Version : SNG levels...

Mr_J
12-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Just wondering what impact the different levels typically have on ROI.

e.g say someone hits 30% at the $22 tables, what could be expected at the $33, $55 and $109 tables? I know it affects players differently, but just a rough idea or speaking from experience is fine.

Basically I'm wondering what sort of return I can get at $55 compared to $22. I've played up there before and found it easier (in actual game as well as results), but small sample.

Irieguy
12-14-2004, 12:18 AM
There are a few things that make this a complicated question:
1. ROI drop from level to level is not linear: the jump from the 33's to the $55's and the $109's to the $215's are much, much more significant than at the other levels.

2. ROI drop is bigger the less skilled you are: if you are 45% ROI player at the $11's, you are likely to be able to beat the $55's. But if you are a 30% ROI player at the $11's, there's a good chance you can't beat the $55's.

3. There are multiple intangibles such as the pressure of playing for more, inability to adjust to a highly skilled player, and lingering bankroll conflicts that affect play at the higher levels. There are many players who can play their A game for $22, but the thought of keeping a bankroll of 5K on-line and spending $109 for one SNG messes with their head too much to play well.

Bottom line: if you are 30% at the $22's, you can probably acheive 15% at the 55's if you adjust well to the bigger chip stacks.

Irieguy

ojsdaman
12-14-2004, 08:48 AM
I found 10$ and 30 $ to have the best roi for me. When i try 50$ my roi just dies..i feel like they are just better players than the 30$..as for the 20$'s i think i just have bad luck...one more thing...in case you play the 5$'s for some reason dont...you pay a 20 % fee instead of 10%, and i think there are some really good HE players in there who just dont like playing high stakes and are playing for fun

Mr_J
12-14-2004, 01:33 PM
I might just play 75% $33s and 25% $55s. It'd build up a decent sample reasonably quickly, and I wouldn't lose out much if I earnt more at the $33s than the $50s. Playing up at the $55s vs better players might also improve my own play.