PDA

View Full Version : Another Pronunciation Poll

Justin A
12-13-2004, 08:42 PM
This post is inspired by an argument I had with NLSoldier.

daryn
12-13-2004, 08:43 PM
how could any intelligent man not pronounce it "shnides".

it's "inestine"

not "eensteen"

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 08:43 PM
None of the above. Its Sneeds. End of thread.

GuyOnTilt
12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
In my head I pronounce it "Shneeds" even though I know it's supposed to be "Shnides".

PS. Schneids likes to urinate on American currency. It's true. Seriously. Sicko.

GoT

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, thats what I thought. Then I met GoT, The Dude, and Justin A and they proved that although otherwise seemingly intelligente, they all thought it was Schneeds.

daryn
12-13-2004, 08:46 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, thats what I thought. Then I met GoT, The Dude, and Justin A and they proved that although otherwise seemingly intelligente, they all thought it was Schneeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe them all to be less intelligent than i have previously believed them to be.

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 08:47 PM
LOL, you must have had your expectations a little too high /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Justin A
12-13-2004, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i believe them all to be less intelligent than i have previously believed them to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that has to depend on how you previously viewed us. Does it matter that I didn't know it was short for Schneider?

Justin A

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, very dumb

Michael Davis
Really, that is embarrassing, although in their defense they went to school in Azusa.

-Michael

daryn
12-13-2004, 08:49 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that has to depend on how you previously viewed us. Does it matter that I didn't know it was short for Schneider?

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

no. i think it's common knowledge that ei is pronounced like a long I

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 08:49 PM
I doubt that Daryn knew it was short for Schneider yet he had no trouble with it. Must be a California thing.

GuyOnTilt
12-13-2004, 08:52 PM
You guys all suck. We're right. You all, Schneids himself, and his parents are all wrong.

PS. Has anyone else heard that Schneids makes it a habit to urinate (and most likely occassionally defecate as well) on $1 bills? Sicko.

GoT

Justin A
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like weird, neighbor, and sleigh?

so it's wie-rd, nie-bor, and sly?

Justin A

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Daryn my friend, you are en fuego right now.

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Hmm resonable point although none of those are pronounced like the long E as in Schneeds.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like weird, neighbor, and sleigh?

so it's wie-rd, nie-bor, and sly?

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

as in denied genius

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys all suck. We're right. You all, Schneids himself, and his parents are all wrong.

PS. Has anyone else heard that Schneids makes it a habit to urinate (and most likely occassionally defecate as well) on $1 bills? Sicko.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I can understand the Dude being mad about it. But I thought you would give him props. That was a pretty sweet move imo.

Justin A
12-13-2004, 08:56 PM
How about caffein?

Justin A

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about caffein?

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]
are you going to spend all day listing words that have "ei" in it?

daryn
12-13-2004, 09:00 PM
How about caffein?

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's caffeine.

anyway, you're correct ei is not ALWAYS pronounced like long I. however it always is when you're dealing with a word from german origin (at least i believe this is true)

now come on, SCHNEIDS... doesn't that sound a bit german? or at least a bit non-american?

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 09:02 PM
While were on the topic of name pronounciation. I have always found it funny that pretty much everyone butchers my last name pretty bad when it is totally phoenetic. I think they must just look at it and panic.

Its Schnettler (Schnett-ler) and I've heard it prnonounced Schletner, Schlettler, Schneetler, Snelter, Schneller, it gets pretty bad...

Michael Davis
12-13-2004, 09:03 PM
A 4th grade substitute called me Michelle at roll call and the name stuck. Thanks.

-Michael

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Who is the tool that replied pretending to be SnIdes himself?

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 09:04 PM
my name is almost as bad.

Rambin

I get Ramblin, Ramdin, Raymbin, Randin

dipshits.

Justin A
12-13-2004, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While were on the topic of name pronounciation. I have always found it funny that pretty much everyone butchers my last name pretty bad when it is totally phoenetic. I think they must just look at it and panic.

Its Schnettler (Schnett-ler) and I've heard it prnonounced Schletner, Schlettler, Schneetler, Snelter, Schneller, it gets pretty bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I always thought it was Shneet-ler.

I'm kidding.

Justin A

kyro
12-13-2004, 09:13 PM
hmm, best friend's last name is schneider. call him schneid, schnei, schneids...definitely long "I"

kyro
12-13-2004, 09:14 PM
wallingford

i get willingford, willington. the 'a' in my name really throws people sometimes...

kerssens
12-13-2004, 09:16 PM
I mispronounce my own screen name...for some reason when I see it I think k-erssens

Justin A
12-13-2004, 09:18 PM
My name is Allred, and I get Alfred, Aldridge, Allard, and Alread.

I'm sure somewhere out there there's a Smith who's had someone pronounce his name Smythe.

Justin A

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Hilarious thread!!!

Justin A
12-13-2004, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
now come on, SCHNEIDS... doesn't that sound a bit german? or at least a bit non-american?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you win.

It's too bad because I had six more words with ei that aren't a long I. Unfortunately there are no exceptions in German, where the pronunciation is rather rigid.

Justin A

BusterStacks
12-13-2004, 09:27 PM
It's not Shneeds?

daryn
12-13-2004, 09:29 PM
My name is Allred, and I get Alfred, Aldridge, Allard, and Alread.

I'm sure somewhere out there there's a Smith who's had someone pronounce his name Smythe.

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

so how do you pronounce Allred? i would probably say it like the words all and red.

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 09:30 PM
LOL, When I first told him that everyone thought it was Shneeds he got all mad and was like "well why dont you correct them!"
So the more that get it wrong the funnier imo.

Justin A
12-13-2004, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so how do you pronounce Allred? i would probably say it like the words all and red.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Sponger15SB
12-13-2004, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This post is inspired by an argument I had with NLSoldier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night when you and I were playing and I was talking about some posters I mentioned Schneids and I deliberately lowered my voice and kinda slurred his name because I had no clue how to pronouce it, I'm suprised you didn't notice.

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Last night when you and I were playing and I was talking about some posters I mentioned Schneids and I deliberately lowered my voice and kinda slurred his name because I had no clue how to pronouce it, I'm suprised you didn't notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, I wish I woulda been there. I woulda noticed considering ive had this discussion a few times now.

NLSoldier
12-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Wait a minute, I thought you didn't have a keyboard /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Justin A
12-13-2004, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well according to the poll you have go with Shneeds about one third of the time and Shnides about two thirds of the time.

Got yourself a keyboard huh?

Justin A

daryn
12-13-2004, 10:01 PM
why not just listen to daryn and be correct?

everyone should do this more often.

Ulysses
12-13-2004, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, When I first told him that everyone thought it was Shneeds

[/ QUOTE ]

By "everyone" did you mean "morons" ?

thatpfunk
12-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Definetly not a california thinkg... I thought it was common knowledge as well.

Try having the last name Podgurski.. It's pronounced exaclty as spelled (Pod-gur-ski) but growing up I got Pudurski, Pugurski, Pugooski etc. One sub got so flustered in high school she blurted out Pumavooski and I dealt with that name for a month. Fun times.

Coaches trying to yell at me was a whole other story, hence my handle and nickname.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO, classic.

Schneids
12-13-2004, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids
12-13-2004, 11:22 PM
You people have too much time on your hands.

There's only one poster on 2+2 that I've had no idea how to pronounce their alias (well, other than that PIZ0WNRD!@!@! guy or whatever the eff the name is).

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 11:23 PM
since, schneids is on, how do you pronounce it?

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You people have too much time on your hands.

There's only one poster on 2+2 that I've had no idea how to pronounce their alias (well, other than that PIZ0WNRD!@!@! guy or whatever the eff the name is).

[/ QUOTE ]
you pronounce his "huge hom[/i]o" because he easily has the worst name on here.

Schneids
12-13-2004, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. I lost a HULA bet with The Dude. Part of the bet's arrangement had me mailing him a $1 bill so he can add it to his "wall of wins" or whatever he calls it; basically, like a hunter that might take a feather off each bird they kill. He never specified to me the condition the bill had to be in.

So I patiently waited ~2 months until I obtained the perfect bill for him: one that looked just disgusting, crinkled to all hell and happened to have a few yellow stains on it. The Dude is convinced these yellow stains are from urine, and GoT plays along as The Dude's pawn because I wrote on the $1 bill "I cannot believe you made out with Brighten for $1!"

So yes, The Dude thought he'd be proudly displaying a $1 bill showcasing a domination of Schneids. He thought wrong.

Schneids
12-13-2004, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since, schneids is on, how do you pronounce it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh.

Justin A
12-13-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm curious, were you the one that voted the last selection? Because that vote appeared awhile ago, and methinks someone wasn't taking my poll very seriously.

Justin A

Schneids
12-13-2004, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Alright. I lost a HULA bet with The Dude. Part of the bet's arrangement had me mailing him a $1 bill so he can add it to his "wall of wins" or whatever he calls it; basically, like a hunter that might take a feather off each bird they kill. He never specified to me the condition the bill had to be in.

So I patiently waited ~2 months until I obtained the perfect bill for him: one that looked just disgusting, crinkled to all hell and happened to have a few yellow stains on it. The Dude is convinced these yellow stains are from urine, and GoT plays along as The Dude's pawn because I wrote on the $1 bill "I cannot believe you made out with Brighten for $1!"

So yes, The Dude thought he'd be proudly displaying a $1 bill showcasing a domination of Schneids. He thought wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. What a sweet post for me to become a Carpal with.

Schneids
12-13-2004, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious, were you the one that voted the last selection? Because that vote appeared awhile ago, and methinks someone wasn't taking my poll very seriously.

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted the correct response. Someone else voted claiming to be me.

cnfuzzd
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its me, isnt it?

peace

john nickle

Sponger15SB
12-14-2004, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wrote on the $1 bill "I cannot believe you made out with Brighten for $1!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Unreal. You thoroughly owned them so hard.

Justin A
12-14-2004, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why not just listen to daryn and be correct?

everyone should do this more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be like cheating on a test. And making polls is more fun.

Justin A

NLSoldier
12-14-2004, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, by everyone, I meant every 2+2er that I had met since getting to CA /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AncientPC
12-14-2004, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its me, isnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always just thought of your name as 'confuzzed', maybe a variation off 'confused'. /images/graemlins/confused.gif