PDA

View Full Version : ROIs on the Step 5s?

FishBurger
12-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Anybody want to volunteer their ROI on the Step 5s? I've watched a few final tables and always check the leader board when I'm playing (the $11s, not the Step 5s) and they look very tough.

It seems that the one player who has really been able to own them is missyrules. I've also seen Gigabet win a few, but it doesn't seem like he's winning or placing consistently.

Is anybody here able to beat them consistently?

SmileyEH
12-13-2004, 08:39 PM
It will take at least a month for someone here to have played enough Step 5's to have an inkling of their true ROI.

-SmileyEH

captZEEbo1
12-14-2004, 01:30 AM
it's always fun to hear how their ROI is going so far though.

housenuts
12-14-2004, 05:48 AM
i bought into Step 1 for $11 and placed 1st in Step 5. what does that make my ROI? just kidding, i wish. i haven't tried these STEPS games yet.

Elektrik
12-14-2004, 05:53 AM
mmmmmmm, 74,900% ROI

Assuming you can maintain that (shouldn't be too hard - I've heard there's a lot of fish in there, epsecially at level 5), you might as well go ahead and quit your job/drop out of college now.

Gigabet
12-14-2004, 12:05 PM
My roi was slightly over 100%, lost 20k yesterday so now it is in just the mid 20 percentile.

El Maximo
12-14-2004, 12:10 PM
I just started trying these Step Tournies out. I realize the competition at the higher steps is extremely good. I like to play MTTs but its rare I have enough time to dedicate 3-5 hours to complete one. These steps are a nice alternative. I have no idea what kinda of results Ill have. I decided to buy into 4-8 Step 1s each week. Im tracking the results and will see if longterm these are worth the investment. My foray into Step 1s last night was less than spectacular. Finished 5, 6, 7 and 11. Was frustrating.

Phill S
12-14-2004, 12:20 PM
with the fact that you need to go through 5 levels to make money, i cant for the life of me see how these are going to be profitable for the vast majority long term, buying into step 5 or step 4 aside.

i dont nessacerilly think they are bad as a game, but as a profitable game, unless your one of the big SnG players as a start i odnt think you should play them, with a break from the grind being the only reason imo.

-----

just out of interest, has missyrules been around for a while, i dont remember seeing him/her in any of the 'who do you think is great' type lists on here.

perhaps its a different account for someone we already know however, in which case if they read this, nice one.

Phill

El Maximo
12-14-2004, 12:30 PM
I agree Phil. I dont think I can make more per hour playing these than multi-tabling the lower buy-in SnGs. I throwing some money at them like I do at an MTT. If I can work my way up to Step 5 on average of say 20 Step 1 buyins than I am getting a good overlay to play Step 5. I think I will need to play alot of these to get a better idea of how difficult it is to progress. I'm subsituting these for MTTs for now and will see how it goes.

The once and future king
12-14-2004, 12:52 PM
I dont play on Party but instead spend my time on empire.
I see people talking about these step games.

What are they?

The Yugoslavian
12-14-2004, 12:56 PM
http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/steps-challenge-04.html

As you may notice, this effectively will increase the rake that one has to pay if working their way up to STEP 5 from STEP 1. A good way for Party to increase rake on MTTs (not that they need any more rake, boo rake!) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The once and future king
12-14-2004, 01:24 PM
thanks.

Tosh
12-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Mine is about 250%, my sample size isn't that big though. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mr_J
12-14-2004, 06:23 PM
"lost 20k yesterday"

I'm just wondering how? Not having a go or anything, just curious. Max buyin for steps is 1k so...

Gigabet
12-15-2004, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just out of interest, has missyrules been around for a while, i dont remember seeing him/her in any of the 'who do you think is great' type lists on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

She calls way too much to beat this game with any consistency, if she could get away from that, she would be a fairly decent player. BTW, no way she is Annie Duke.