PDA

View Full Version : WPT Caribbean Tourney

Fmonti
12-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Did I make the right play? 3 hours into the WPT Carribean tournament (top 4 win) I am on the button with QQ and $3700 in chips about 30th out of 40 left. Seat 3 calls $200, seat 8 raises to $800 and I go all in ..Seat 8 calls with AJ clubs and the board comes K 7 10 Q 8 and I'm out as he makes a straight..My question..should I have gone all in? Thanks for the help /images/graemlins/confused.gif

M.B.E.
12-13-2004, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did I make the right play? 3 hours into the WPT Carribean tournament (top 4 win) I am on the button with QQ and $3700 in chips about 30th out of 40 left. Seat 3 calls $200, seat 8 raises to $800 and I go all in ..Seat 8 calls with AJ clubs and the board comes K 7 10 Q 8 and I'm out as he makes a straight..My question..should I have gone all in? Thanks for the help /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
What were the other players' stack sizes? In any event it sounds like you played correctly.

(Are you asking whether you should just have smoothcalled preflop, so that you could have folded on the flop when the overcard hit?)

Lloyd
12-13-2004, 09:19 PM
You got all your chips in the pot when you were the favorite. You just got drawn out. You were probably a LONG way from the top 4 and you needed to make several moves to get into a good position. This definitely seemed like a good opportunity to start building a real stack.

Fmonti
12-13-2004, 11:34 PM
I was in 30th position out of 40 so I needed to acquire some chips..but obviously did't want to be elimanted. I thought about smooth calling and if an A or K came on the flop, depending on what the caller did, I would make my decision.Of course when the Q came on the turn I would have been all in anyway...

sdplayerb
12-13-2004, 11:41 PM
yes.
especially since only 4 spots were paid.