PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this hand right?

bigredlemon
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: ChickenHunta ( $880 )
Seat 6: Hero ( $515 )
Dealt to Hero [ Qd Qh ]
SlickEarlSr folds.
fjcopp folds.
Atiba folds.
eaglesfan11 folds.
ChickenHunta calls [15].
NIPTUCK44 calls [15].
lardee folds.
MndRdr calls [5].
Hero raises [85].
ChickenHunta calls [85].
NIPTUCK44 folds.
MndRdr calls [85].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 3h, 3s ]
MndRdr checks.
Hero is all-In.
ChickenHunta calls [415].
MndRdr folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4s ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qs ]
Hero shows [ Qd, Qh ] a full house, Queens full of threes.
ChickenHunta shows [ Ad, 3d ] three of a kind, threes.
Hero wins 1145 chips from the main pot with a full house, Queens full of threes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cliffs: 10+1
I get QQ in BB. Lots limpers. I make a large raise and get called by two loose agressive. Flop is low cards with pair & flush draw. I go all in. I have a tight aggressive table image. (was only involved with one other hand, and made a similarly large raise preflop)

I figured they would have bet KK or AA, and wouldn't have a 3 if they called that larged a raise, so I went all in. Giving them free cards would have been risky, and they probably would have bet A high.

Logic adds up and points to that as the right move... but it doesn't feel like the right move. If I'm right, I win a dinky 300 chips. If I'm wrong, i'm out of the tournament. By some fluke I got saved by a lucky Q on the river of course, but it should have gone the other way.

Your thoughts?

captZEEbo1
12-13-2004, 06:38 PM
at a 10+1, you should probably be raising more preflop. But the allin on the flop works fine. Unlucky some jerk spiked a set.

By the way, don't worry TOO much about your "table image" at a 10+1, becuase a lot of the opponents are definitely not noticing it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tigerite
12-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Use daliman's formula for how much you should have raised preflop - it works a treat. Not sure about the push on the flop, you're likely to only be called by hands that beat you. Obviously you have to bet something, but half the pot would have done the job just as well.

bigredlemon
12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Use daliman's formula for how much you should have raised preflop - it works a treat. Not sure about the push on the flop, you're likely to only be called by hands that beat you. Obviously you have to bet something, but half the pot would have done the job just as well.

[/ QUOTE ]betting half the pot would give me 280 chips left with a pot of 600. If a rag flops and the caller bets into me, putting me all in, I don't know if folding would be a good option. If a flush/straight draw comes, I won't have enough chips to kick anyone out.

Btw, where can I find this calculator?

tigerite
12-14-2004, 06:06 AM
True. In that case push. The formula is quite simple, it's just 3BB + 2BB for each limper.