PDA

View Full Version : AA slow played

Allinlife
12-13-2004, 05:57 PM
sorry for posting so much group1 HH's, it seems like I should learnto play these properly first because they are afterall, most profitable hands.

H1
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($32.35)
CO ($49)
Hero ($21.75)
SB ($32.11)
BB ($14.35)
UTG ($18.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.5. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $2, BB folds, UTG (poster) calls $1.75, MP (poster) calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50.

Flop: ($10) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks, SB checks.

Turn: ($10) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, SB calls $30.11 (All-In), UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls $14.75 (All-In).

River: ($59.86) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $59.86
pretty raggdy flop, I dind't think anyone will call with less than kings and by not betting, I thought I could drag in some kings low kicker too. Is this horrible thing to do? when there are 4 people in the pot with virtually no draws?
I think 2/3 pot bet would be ok?

on turn, I hoped to get raised by small kings/ high queens and go allin on top.

thanks for taking the time to read my post

H2
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($78.15)
Hero ($68.5)
BB ($31.45)
UTG ($27.36)
MP ($16.39)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $1.75</font>, BB calls $1.50, MP folds.

Flop: ($4.50) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($10.50) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, BB calls $14.

River: ($38.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>.

Final Pot: $53.50
I like my overall play here, but was river a check-call?

beta1607
12-13-2004, 06:14 PM
I like the advice from HPFAP where you only slow play when the next card is not likely to weaken your hand but could likely improve your opponent to a 2nd best hand.

I bet this flop 100% of the time and if I pick up a small/medium pot thats a lot better then losing a big one to two pair or a set made on 4th street.

I am pretty opposed to calling all in on the turn with unimproved AA. What can the Villian have there that you can beat other then a total bluff?

Sephus
12-13-2004, 06:24 PM
a lot, this is party nl25 6max.

ipp147
12-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Hi Allinlife,

Hand 1 - you must bet this flop. The check is awful. Heads up on a board like T62r I would check with position but not here against 4 others. I assume you got shown KQ or a set here?

Hand 2

The board is draw heavy and you could be up against a huge range of hands here. He could be on a /images/graemlins/spade.gif draw or have any range of 20/21 hands which would have given him a pair and a straight draw or 2 pair.

I think you have to put him all in here for 2 reasons,

1. You can't check fold what would is a $40 pot for a $15 bet with top set when your opponent is not neccesarily on that flush draw

2. He will check behind you with alot of hands you beat, AQ etc

TheWorstPlayer
12-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Hand 1: One pair is too weak to slow play. With big pocket pairs, just be happy to win a small pot or a big pot heads up with someone flops TPTK and thinks he's got you. Definitely, against multiple callers with a straight draw on the flop, you cannot check here. Bet the pot. Also, on the turn, assuming you think you are ahead, you can't mess around with a 1/2 pot bet with a straight draw and a flush draw. Bet closer to 80%.

Hand 2: You improved to top set, which is good, but this is such a draw heavy flop that you may already need to fill up to win. You certainly need to bet at least the pot here. I might even selectively overbet the pot here to entice a hand like AK or JJ to come over the top.

Allinlife
12-13-2004, 07:09 PM
thanks for all feedback greatly appreciated as always!

TheWorstPlayer
12-13-2004, 07:19 PM
You're welcome!

Edit: Also, who says that group 1 hands are the most profitable? The fact that they are "group 1" simply means that they are the most likely to win heads up, all in preflop. That neither means that they are the best hands to play no matter the circumstances (say, out of position with AK) nor that they are the most profitable. I certainly find that the more disguised hands like gutshot straights which hit are the most profitable hands. (Except online, actually, where people rarely believe you have AA and you can bust them pretty badly, pretty often.)