PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on all in

Mattarific
12-13-2004, 05:33 PM
This is my first post here and if this subject has already been discussed I apologize. At a home game with some friends an all-in situation came up where a short stacked player called went all-in. The first player to bet afterwards called the all-in, the next player (the chip leader) raised all-in. The second player then declares that he's not calling the chip leaders all-in bet but remains in the main pot.... after around an hour of trying to explain to him and another at the table that he could not do that, he either had to call the second all-in or fold his hand, I conceded. I vowed to find the ruling on this particular all-in situation and bring it to our next game to clear this matter up. I have bought an official WPT rule book and searched for the rule online and have come up short. Does anyone know of a place I can print this ruling to settle the matter??

EStreet20
12-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Honestly I don't know where it would be in print but that's standard poker rules and common sense. If I were you I never would have conceded and I'd tell my friend to learn the game or not play. In a situation like that where he can ruin the game for everyone you can't worry about his feelings.Good luck

nuclear500
12-13-2004, 06:06 PM
My question to this guy would have been:
how is this any different then calling any other bet? Say he was all in for the minimum bet and you called, would you still "no call/no fold" to a raise over the top of that?

Pretty ignorant player imo. He basically was stating that his hand did not have the strength to beat the reraiser all in.

largeeyes
12-13-2004, 08:34 PM
It's not in the rule book because it's a simple betting situation. HE was raised and could choose to call or fold. There's nothing confusing there. Can't believe you let him get away with it.

Mattarific
12-13-2004, 09:58 PM
I let him get away with it because it was friendly game and more importantly I wasn't in the hand.... I just knew it wasn't right and couldn't make them understand why. I didn't want it to take away from the game which is what it does......its part of the strategy of the game.

Diceman
12-13-2004, 10:05 PM
I don't know where to find this rule but you were right anyway. A sidepot would have to be made unless he decided to fold.