PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about StupidSucker

Big Limpin'
12-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Ummm, anyone notice S/S has been AWOL for over a week?
And that his last postings were RE: awful losing streak?
Am i being overly concerned? I'd just hate to see him give it up after all the education he has gained/spread.
Hope you're back soon dude. Like Buckner into Shea.

tigerite
12-13-2004, 05:40 PM
I am positive he will be back. He's a sound player, maybe he's just taking a break, we all need one sometimes.

Irieguy
12-13-2004, 06:00 PM
I had lunch with him last week, and he was handling his losing streak like a pro.

He's likely to just be playing more and posting less... I imagine he'll be back soon.

Irieguy

Big Limpin'
12-13-2004, 06:17 PM
that is good to hear.

stupidsucker
12-13-2004, 08:16 PM
My Woman was in town !

And I was taking a break. During the last 2 weeks I have played video games, and was staying away from poker (including these boards) This is my homepage so thats kinda tough, but I felt I needed a break, so I took it.

Instead of re-depositing I am working my bankroll back up from the 10s.

Thanks for the concern. Im too stuborn to give up on poker hehe.

bugstud
12-14-2004, 12:38 AM
at least he's awful in halo

stupidsucker
12-14-2004, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good guess, but no.

I dont play halo (but I do watch red vs blue)

Ive been playing FFX for Ps2 and World of Warcraft with some old gamer friends. I am kinda ashamed of it cause I gave up gaming last year.

rachelwxm
12-14-2004, 11:43 AM
At least we have more in common. I spend tons of hours playing computer and video games before. My favorate games are strategy games like civilization and Cesar. And I set a record of not playing any games for last couple of months because of poker. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

notsosmart
12-14-2004, 12:11 PM
World Of Warcraft has been cutting into my poker time as well.....it is a good break, but is getting too addictive/time-consuming for a game that isn't making me any $! :P

The once and future king
12-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Cant you sell your sword of Gangor on Ebay for $$$$$$$$$$$$

ilya
12-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Star Wars Galaxies is my poision. Man I love hunting down the best resources.

The Yugoslavian
12-14-2004, 04:08 PM
*nod*

If I started playing video games again *and* continuing to play poker I'm not sure I'd ever do anything else, *sigh*. Btw, Civilization is the GREATEST!
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bugstud
12-14-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good guess, but no.

Ive been playing FFX for Ps2 and World of Warcraft with some old gamer friends. I am kinda ashamed of it cause I gave up gaming last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is a different StupidSucker on XBL...

stupidsucker
12-14-2004, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good guess, but no.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is a different StupidSucker on XBL...

[/ QUOTE ]

correct. However I would suck if I did play. I dont like, and Im not good at shooters.

As for WoW... I knew I shouldnt have played, but the timing wasperfect(in a bad way perhaps) I used to lead a PvP guild on Sullon Zek in EQ.

Lets face it I am a nerd.

Marcotte
12-14-2004, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
World Of Warcraft has been cutting into my poker time as well.....it is a good break, but is getting too addictive/time-consuming for a game that isn't making me any $! :P

[/ QUOTE ]

For those looking to get their MMORPG fix while not sacrificing the money-making aspects of poker, check out Project Entropia. It's a free-to-download, free-to-play MMORPG. The catch is you can deposit real money in your account which is converted into in-game currency. If you sell items/resources, you can "cash-out" your in game currency for $$.

PS: I haven't played it (only read the review in PC Gamer), and have no idea how trustworthy etc. the site/company is, so I can't endorse/recommend this game.

PPS: And PC Gamer said the graphics were about 2-3 years behind other games.

stupidsucker
12-15-2004, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those looking to get their MMORPG fix while not sacrificing the money-making aspects of poker, check out Project Entropia. It's a free-to-download, free-to-play MMORPG. The catch is you can deposit real money in your account which is converted into in-game currency. If you sell items/resources, you can "cash-out" your in game currency for $$.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see how this would work. Most of the people would have the same goal.. Make $$. If everyone has that goal no one will make any. Unless the game play is worth it without the $ aspect.

notsosmart
12-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Apparently some guy just spent $27k (USD) on an island in that game....

link (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/14/1759253&tid=209&tid=187)

LALDAAS
12-15-2004, 05:12 PM
LOL I played Everquest for over 5 years. I made over 10k playing that game selling in game iteams and currency. All trades where made through Playerauction.com. One of the main reasons I turned to poker was EQ slowly diminished upon the release of WOW and EQII making it nolonger worth the time and energy I was putting in to it.

Would you belive I actually sold a sword called the Blade of Carnage for $700 then two weeks later purchased it for $500 to just turn around and sell it again for $700 2 hours later. LOL.

adanthar
12-15-2004, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for WoW... I knew I shouldnt have played, but the timing wasperfect(in a bad way perhaps) I used to lead a PvP guild on Sullon Zek in EQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I quit EQ four separate times and made a couple of grand in the process...but God, I want that part of my life back.

But hell, at least I got Brad McQuaid to email me a few times. It's like I'm one degree from geek celebrity.

ghostface
12-15-2004, 06:24 PM
This thread is so thick on strategy for STT's I'm about to soil myself.

I used to play 'em too....

PoorLawyer
12-15-2004, 06:31 PM
You know what is the greatest? Going out drinking and womanizing.

Big Limpin'
12-15-2004, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is so thick on strategy for STT's I'm about to soil myself.

I used to play 'em too....

[/ QUOTE ]

Original INput : Wheres StupidSucker?
Thread Output: Everyone loves their video games!

Now how come my other posts get like 3 responses? /images/graemlins/confused.gif