PDA

View Full Version : Petersen To Die or Not To Die

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 04:37 PM
The sentencing comes down in about an hour. What do you think

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I took life & life. I'm not sure if a dude offing his wife (pregnant and all) is a death penalty crime.

I think he gets life but it wouldn't bother me if he got the chamber.

slavic
12-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Dude if this isn't a death penalty case what is?

stabn
12-13-2004, 04:44 PM
There are so many weird things about how the trial went down though, including all the jurrors they kept kicking out. I think life/life are the best choices given the situation.

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude if this isn't a death penalty case what is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said I am unsure but I would say multiple offenders, serial killers and the like. In Oregon we had a guy who kidnapped two little girls abused and then killed them. So people like that.

I wouldn't be bothered if he got it though, its just not how I would vote.

namknils
12-13-2004, 04:53 PM
I chose Death & Life. I think he should get the death penalty, but the irony of a guy murdering his wife and child to be a bachelor again and then ending up getting raped my men the rest of his life is humorous.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Life and Life.

Sarge85
12-13-2004, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but the irony of a guy murdering his wife and child to be a bachelor again and then ending up getting raped my men the rest of his life is humorous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish he could read this....

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 05:26 PM
It has already been determined that if sentenced to life he will spend 22 hours a day in a cell, alone. He will have 2 hours or exercise but this will be conducted with multiple gaurds.

lu_hawk
12-13-2004, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I took life & life. I'm not sure if a dude offing his wife (pregnant and all) is a death penalty crime.

I think he gets life but it wouldn't bother me if he got the chamber.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always been against the dealth penalty in general but after thinking about what Petersen did I think he deserves to die. It's just horrific. If this doesn't deserve death then what does?

stabn
12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Wesley Allan Dodd.

Edit: And just so it isn't too hard on you to understand why:

Wesley Allan Dodd's 1989 arrest in Washington State for the murder of 3 young boys ended his 15 year career of violent sex crimes.

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said I am unsure but I would say multiple offenders, serial killers and the like. In Oregon we had a guy who kidnapped two little girls abused and then killed them. So people like that. I wouldn't be bothered if he got it though, its just not how I would vote.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it? Killing your wife and unborn child isn't as horrific as killing random hitch hikers? How many random hitch hikers would he need to kill? What about if it was twins she was carrying? What about a pregnant random hitch hiker? What if he had killed his girlfriend after he killed his pregnant wife? What if he killed his pregnant wife and a pregnant girlfriend? Would that do it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 05:34 PM
I think killing random people for no purpose other than to fulfill some type of need is worse, yes.

It should be pointed out that the jury decided that Petersen did not intend to kill the unborn child. I thought that was retarded but that's what they decided.

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think killing random people for no purpose other than to fulfill some type of need is worse, yes.

It should be pointed out that the jury decided that Petersen did not intend to kill the unborn child. I thought that was retarded but that's what they decided.

[/ QUOTE ]
So a random hitch hiker's life should be worth more than my wife's to me. Or to someone else. Now I understand. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 05:39 PM
It's complicated I guess.

Btw I would make some rape cases and child molestation a capital offense as well so I am hardly opposed to the death penalty

deacsoft
12-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Death but wil get life. Our justice system is sometimes too soft.

mike l.
12-13-2004, 05:44 PM
it's a moot point, they dont actually kill people out here for anything. manson is still around. rush limbaugh said dont sweat it.

anyway it's not very nice to kill your pregnant wife, i have a feeling pretty boy will get sufficiently punished for it in prison by his fellow inmates.

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's complicated I guess.

Btw I would make some rape cases and child molestation a capital offense as well so I am hardly opposed to the death penalty

[/ QUOTE ]
My only objection to that is the point made above. I really like the idea of someone that raped a child getting gang raped himself for the next 20 years. Unfortunately they don't usually keep them locked up that long. Maybe they should lock them up in the general population for ten years and THEN apply the death penalty. That sounds about right to me.

lu_hawk
12-13-2004, 05:51 PM

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 05:51 PM
If when polling the jury one of the jurors pulled a Steve Austin with a "Oh Hell yeah"

Anways they came back with Death.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 06:02 PM
you guys wouldn't believe how important this whole story was to my co-worker. You would think nothing else matters when listening to her.

WEASEL45
12-13-2004, 06:04 PM
some of the chicks at my work went home for the verdict a couple of weeks ago. they came back and said they cried tears of joy when they heard guilty.

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you guys wouldn't believe how important this whole story was to my co-worker. You would think nothing else matters when listening to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one thing I didn't get about this case. If you didn't know the involved, I don't understand get why this case was so big. Cetainly more horrific trials are going on.

I understood the fuss with something like OJ but this?

lu_hawk
12-13-2004, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think killing your pregnant wife who loves you and trusts you is so much worse than killing a stranger.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hilarious isn't it. About half of SoCal seems to be wrapped up in it to from what i gather watching the news. You'd theink they all personally knew these people.

stabn
I'm not sure what it says about me, but i really couldn't care less. Maybe if it happened locally, or i knew the person, or i really knew the facts of the case and not just what's been said on tv, but since that isn't the case, the verdict, and setencing have been 'blah' to me.

Non_Comformist
[ QUOTE ]
some of the chicks at my work went home for the verdict a couple of weeks ago. they came back and said they cried tears of joy when they heard guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Further evidence that chicks are just nuts.

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]completetly absurd. I swear, sometimes woman can be so incredibly stupid. This is why they should never be put in posistions of high power, because they get caught up in the emotional side of everything.

Broken Glass Can
12-13-2004, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand get why this case was so big. Cetainly more horrific trials are going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

He killed an unborn baby. Certainly he deserves Death for that, even if he didn't get it for that.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what it says about me, but i really couldn't care less. Maybe if it happened locally, or i knew the person, or i really knew the facts of the case and not just what's been said on tv, but since that isn't the case, the verdict, and setencing have been 'blah' to me.

[/ QUOTE ]This could have happened in Bellevue, and I still wouldn't care.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand get why this case was so big. Cetainly more horrific trials are going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

He killed an unborn baby. Certainly he deserves Death for that, even if he didn't get it for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
*yawn* this isn't the politics forum GWB.

stabn
12-13-2004, 06:11 PM
If it happened here i could at least say "man i'm glad i didn't get picked for this jury".

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it happened here i could at least say "man i'm glad i didn't get picked for this jury".

[/ QUOTE ]LOL, true, I guess maybe I would care then, but only for like a day.

Broken Glass Can
12-13-2004, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting justice for an innocent victim is not political, its about murder.

I suppose you think that when someone killed a slave, that was just politics, not really murder.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose you think that when someone killed a slave, that was just politics, not really murder.

[/ QUOTE ]
*yawn* you can't bait me.

stabn
12-13-2004, 06:20 PM
I had jury duty earlier this year, and was glad when it only lasted a couple of days. To get picked for a case like this though? Man that would suck.

Broken Glass Can
12-13-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
*yawn* you can't bait me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not about baiting you, just pointing out inconsistencies in logic.

p.s. - go to bed, you seem to be tired. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had jury duty earlier this year, and was glad when it only lasted a couple of days. To get picked for a case like this though? Man that would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you kidding? You know what they'll probably get for the books they write? Movie rights? Etc... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif