PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Supermarket Value

Rushmore
12-13-2004, 04:12 PM
No, this is not a poll.

The little jar of Goya pickled red tabasco peppers in vinegar costs $1.02. I marvel at this each time I visit the supermarket.

If you haven't tried this product, you should. It's just 20 or 30 little red tabasco peppers in about 3 oz. of vinegar. Seriously delicious, and has some decent, flavorful kick.

$1.02. A smaller-sized Tabasco costs like three times that, and isn't 10% the product.

astroglide
12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
don't go too nuts, pickled foods will give you stomach cancer

turnipmonster
12-13-2004, 04:53 PM
I am a fan of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the same section. goya products are great.

--turnipmonster

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 04:55 PM
how about those cheap pies, you know, where you get like three for a dollar? Those are pretty good.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-13-2004, 05:38 PM
There's a girl in the elementary school across the street who sells jello-shots for a buck apiece. Now that's some good value.

Rushmore
12-13-2004, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a girl in the elementary school across the street who sells jello-shots for a buck apiece. Now that's some good value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to move into your neighborhood, and get into the PTA.

Rushmore
12-13-2004, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No they won't.

See? I'm gonna be ok after all. No need to worry at all.

Rushmore
12-13-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how about those cheap pies, you know, where you get like three for a dollar? Those are pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Astroglide's ominous stomach cancer scare notwithstanding, the beautiful little Goya peppers in vinegar are not going to kill me. Those pies are like injecting yourself with butter.

But man, they sure taste good.

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does she sell body shots too?

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah. They preserve your stomach.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah. They preserve your stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hilarious.

VBM
12-13-2004, 07:25 PM
at a local grocery store here in WA state, in the summers on certain weeks they sell ribeyes (the Prince of grilling steaks) for 4.99/lb, limit 2 per day. I go back every day and get 2 and put them in the freezer.

Zeno
12-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Good champagne at low prices! Some also have first-rate French Champagne at low prices!

-Zeno

RocketManJames
12-13-2004, 10:58 PM
The best value I got at the supermarket was at Albertson's. I'm walking down the aisle, and I see a sign... "Quaker Oatmeal Variety Pack: FREE". Apparently they forgot the put the "Buy 1, Get 1" part. I took one up and when they rang it up, they tried to charge me. So I told them about their label, and about their policy to honor an incorrectly marked items (one item maximum).

That's the best supermarket value for me.

-RMJ

thatpfunk
12-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Tow Old Enlgish 40's for under $5 usually equals a fun night.

bugstud
12-13-2004, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a fan of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the same section. goya products are great.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

This man knows what he's talking about. Simmering steak in these suckers makes for one badass meal.