12-13-2004, 03:21 PM
This is how I see the seedings for the AFC:

1. *Pittsburgh (15-1)
2. *New England (15-1)
3. *Indianapolis (13-3)
4. *San Diego (12-4)
5. NY Jets (11-5)
6. Jacksonville (9-7)

Denver and Baltimore both end up 9-7 but lose to Jacksonville in tie breaker. Jacksonville would be 7-5 for conference record while the other two would be 6-6.

And for the NFC:

1. *Philadelphia (15-1)
2. *Atlanta (13-3)
3. *Green Bay (10-6)
4. *Seattle (8-8)
5. Minnesota (10-6)
6. Carolina (7-9)

Green Bay would win tie breaker for division over Minnesota with a better conference record, 8-4 compared to 7-5. (They would split head to head and have same divisional record). Carolina would be the only 7-9 team. Five teams end up 6-10.

Playoffs, Week 1

Jacksonville at Indianapolis
NY Jets at San Diego

Carolina at Green Bay
Minnesota at Seattle

Playoffs, Week 2

NY Jets at Pittsburgh
Indianapolis at New England

Carolina at Philadelphia
Seattle at Atlanta

Championship Week

New England at Pittsburgh

Carolina at Atlanta

Superbowl

Carolina vs Pittsburgh

Okay, I know I am a Pittsburgh fan but seriously, I like how the defense is playing. The games I struggled with in picking a winner:

Carolina at Green Bay (week 1) - I went with Carolina just to make things interesting. I honestly believe Carolina is the only team that can beat Philadelphia. For sake of conversation, my pick is Carolina.

Indianapolis at New England (week 2) - This could also be an interesting game. With New England's defense banged up a bit, Indianapolis could give them trouble. However, I will stick with New England because even though the defense is banged up, at least they have one.

Carolina at Philadelphia (week 2) - This may sound strange the Eagles had a pretty easy schedule this year and they rolled over all the weak teams. However, when facing a tough defense (Pittsburgh and Washington) they struggled. I firmly think that Carolina is the only team that can and will beat the Eagles (provided they make it past Green bay).

New England at Pittsburgh (Championship Week) - I took Pittsburgh because they are at home. One thing is for sure, this would be one hell of a game.

What are some other predictions out there? Don't tell me how stupid I am. We all have opinions. I am interested in hearing some other opinions.

Toro
12-13-2004, 03:24 PM
If it all comes out as you say and the Steelers meet the Patriots in the AFC championship game, a little advice to the Steelers.

Spend more time on your game plan than on making hotel reservations for the Super Bowl. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NoChance
12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Pittsburgh will have a tough game week 17 in Buffalo. If they lose that game then they would end up playing at New England in which case I would choose New England.

New England has a tough game in week 16 at the Jets.

I gave both teams the benefit of the doubt as I think New England and Pittsburgh are the two best teams in the NFL.

NoChance
12-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Some won games I didn't expect and other lost games I didn't expect. I have some changes in final records, but the playoff matchups don't change.

1. *Pittsburgh (15-1)
2. *New England (14-2)
3. *Indianapolis (13-3)
4. *San Diego (12-4)
5. NY Jets (11-5)
6. Jacksonville (10-6)

1. *Philadelphia (15-1)
2. *Atlanta (13-3)
3. *Green Bay (9-7)
4. *Seattle (8-8)
5. Minnesota (9-7)
6. Carolina (7-9)

IndieMatty
12-21-2004, 12:08 PM
What about the Bills?

NoChance
12-21-2004, 12:11 PM
They can't get in unless Jacksonville loses a game. I agree that they are the hot team but it's "too little, too late". Even if Jacksonville loses a game, they still have to beat Pittsburgh, allthough with the NE loss last night, if Pittsburgh beats Baltimore this week then they can rest players against Buffalo.

Rick Diesel
12-21-2004, 12:12 PM
The Bills look good if the Steelers win this week against Baltimore, which would let them rest a lot of their starters against Buffalo in the last week of the season. However if the Steelers somehow lose to the Ravens, then they will need the win against the Bills to get home-field advantage, and the Bills will be in big trouble.

Actually, the Bills really lucked out with the New England loss last night.

thatpfunk
12-21-2004, 12:21 PM
How did the NE loss affect the bills, just curious...

Peca277
12-21-2004, 12:36 PM
It doesn't, except for the already mentioned. Pittsburgh may rest players for the last game of the season (vs. Buffalo) if they beat Baltimore this week. With NE losing, Pittsburgh only needs to win 1 of their last 2 games to clinch home field advantage. The Bills really need Baltimore and Jacksonville to lose for a chance.

Toro
12-21-2004, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the Bills?

[/ QUOTE ]

On a pre game show I saw last night(can't remember which one) they asked the panel to rate Buffalo(as they are playing right now) against the NFC. Some said #1 and other said close #2 to Philly.

ComeOn
12-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Regarding GB/Min tiebreaker, the winner of the GB/MIN game Friday wins the division regardless of week 17 outcomes. The third tiebreaker for division race is record vs. common opponents rather than conference record. If GB wins they win head-to-head 2-0. If MIN wins, head-to-head split 1-1, division tied 4-2(assuming GB wins at CHI next week). Common opponents MIN leads by two games right now 7-4 to 5-6. GB cannot win this tiebreaker regardless of week 17.

Rick Diesel
12-21-2004, 01:57 PM
The Bills have to win out to have a chance. There is no way they beat the Steelers if the Steelers need to win that game for home field advantage. With New England losing, the Steelers can wrap up home field with a win this week, thereby enabling them to rest many of their players against Buffalo, giving Buffalo a chance to win the game.

NoChance
12-21-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding GB/Min tiebreaker, the winner of the GB/MIN game Friday wins the division regardless of week 17 outcomes. The third tiebreaker for division race is record vs. common opponents rather than conference record. If GB wins they win head-to-head 2-0. If MIN wins, head-to-head split 1-1, division tied 4-2(assuming GB wins at CHI next week). Common opponents MIN leads by two games right now 7-4 to 5-6. GB cannot win this tiebreaker regardless of week 17.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know. I thought it went to Conference record, in which case Green Bay would have a 1 game advantage. Well, I have Minnesota winning a close game on Friday, so I guess I would have to flop-flop those two teams which would also change the playoff matchups.

PhatTBoll
12-21-2004, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Bills have to win out to have a chance. There is no way they beat the Steelers if the Steelers need to win that game for home field advantage. With New England losing, the Steelers can wrap up home field with a win this week, thereby enabling them to rest many of their players against Buffalo, giving Buffalo a chance to win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't sleep on the Bills. Right now, they are probably playing the best ball in the league. A team with that good a defense always has a chance, even on the road. It's not like playing in the cold bothers them. I would rather the Colts play any of the other wild card contenders than Buffalo.

CCx
12-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Ugh...Eagles haters everywhere - my prediction will be my Eagles beating up on your beloved STILLERS in the Super Bowl /images/graemlins/grin.gif See you there!

Rick Diesel
12-21-2004, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't sleep on the Bills. Right now, they are probably playing the best ball in the league. A team with that good a defense always has a chance, even on the road. It's not like playing in the cold bothers them. I would rather the Colts play any of the other wild card contenders than Buffalo.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do not have a chance in hell in the playoffs against any team that can stop the run. Drew Bledsoe is terrible.

jakethebake
12-21-2004, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh...Eagles haters everywhere - my prediction will be my Eagles beating up on your beloved STILLERS in the Super Bowl /images/graemlins/grin.gif See you there!

[/ QUOTE ]
My prediction is the Eagles never get anywhere the SuperBowl without buying their own tickets.

CCx
12-21-2004, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My prediction is the Eagles never get anywhere the SuperBowl without buying their own tickets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'd LOVE to bet you on this. Keep on hatin', we'll see who's laughin' last /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PhatTBoll
12-21-2004, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They do not have a chance in hell in the playoffs against any team that can stop the run. Drew Bledsoe is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you even watched them play over the last month?

jakethebake
12-21-2004, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'd LOVE to bet you on this. Keep on hatin', we'll see who's laughin' last /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No hatin'. I really couldn't care less about the Eagles one way or the other. (Well o.k. except for that idiot T.O. Too bad he didn't break his neck. /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

pudley4
12-21-2004, 03:47 PM
MN is 8-6
GB is 8-6

They play each other week 16.

Question - How do they both end up 10-6? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

NoChance
12-21-2004, 03:54 PM
The initial post was made after week 14. It would have worked had Green Bay beaten Jacksonville. Green Bay would have been 9-5 right now.

pudley4
12-21-2004, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The initial post was made after week 14. It would have worked had Green Bay beaten Jacksonville. Green Bay would have been 9-5 right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CCx
12-21-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No hatin'. I really couldn't care less about the Eagles one way or the other. (Well o.k. except for that idiot T.O. Too bad he didn't break his neck. /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be jealous if my team didnt have him too - 1200 yards and 14 td's in 14 games...yea, i'd definitely have your attitude too. Sorry! /images/graemlins/grin.gif E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

jakethebake
12-21-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be jealous if my team didnt have him too - 1200 yards and 14 td's in 14 games...yea, i'd definitely have your attitude too. Sorry! /images/graemlins/grin.gif E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I'm really glad my team doesn't have him. I like players that I actually like. I'd never argue that he's not a good receiver, but aside from that he's a complete nitwit. I'll gladly watch a receiver that scores a few less touchdowns with class rather than acting like a clown or pretending the endzone is Dance Fever.

CCx
12-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Okie dokie, agree to disagree then, I actually like talent on my football team. As long as he's not stabbing people, having others shoot his pregnant wife, taking steroids, etc. I really don't give a good god damn what he does in the end zone /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Diesel
12-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Yes, I watched them give up 32 points to the Miami Dolphins.

Usul
12-24-2004, 02:43 AM
I have two things to contribute

First, Baltimore is the ONLY team that has beaten the Steelers this year. They are certainly a substantial dog playing on the road, but their defense eats rookie QBs for breakfast. Even Rothlisberger may have trouble

Secondly I hate TO more than any other human being alive, but I was dissapointed to see him go out like that. Not only is he a good player, but now Eagles fans are going to use him as an excuse wehn they lose.

ThaSaltCracka
12-24-2004, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Secondly I hate TO more than any other human being alive, but I was dissapointed to see him go out like that. Not only is he a good player, but now Eagles fans are going to use him as an excuse wehn they lose.

[/ QUOTE ] who is gonna catch TD's for them now? Pinkston looks like a little girl out there.

Michael Davis
12-24-2004, 05:33 AM
The Bills can beat any team in the league right now, yes. Not saying they will, but few teams are as complete as they are with McGahee. I think they're probably better than San Diego and easily better than the Jets or Jacksonville right now.

That being said, the Bills probably won't win a playoff game on the road, but I think they are pretty damn close to a legitimate title contender if they get in the playoffs.

Now, to be honest, I haven't seen the Bills play once.

-Michael

ftball0000
12-24-2004, 06:01 AM
Speaking as a Bills season ticket holder here.

Buffalo is a team that will force you into mistakes and try not to make any themselves. They run the crap out of the ball and will chuck it deep to Evans a few times a game to try to keep you honest. Bledsoe has improved greatly at getting rid of the football and the OL has played much better especally Mike Williams.

The defense relies on stuffing the run on early downs with Adams and Williams and then in passing situations, they unleash their nasty blitz package. They are very very sound defensively, and I would rank them equal to the Ravens, if not above them.

Their special teams have really helped as they are #1 in avg drive start after kickoff, w/ pro bowler terrence mcgee. Also 300+ lb freak of nature Jason Peters who runs a 4.7 40 yrd dash has been an amazing addition. Along with the league's best punter Brian Moorman (try kicking in Buffalo), they gain field position in an exchange of punts. I worry most about their kicker Lindell, who is absolutely horrible, he is the reason they could not win in the playoffs.

But alas this will not matter as they will lose on tiebreakers to the Jags, thanks to their HUGE choke job in week 1. Oh well... it's been fun at least

Please forgive typos, it's 5am here
-Ftball

lastchance
12-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Ben Roethlisberger = 17-0? The Steelers are that good.

Either way, I think they win the title this year, what with Brady and NE having a massive choke in Miami.

Well, my predictions in order of seeding:
Steelers
Pats
Colts
Chargers
Jets
Jaguars (tiebreakers, eh..)

NFC
Eagles
Falcons
Vikings
Seahawks (goddamit, just pull this one out)
Packers
Panthers

Playoffs:
Colts and Chargers advance to lose to Pats and Steelers. Steelers beat Pats for a Super Bowl berth.

Seattle (well, Packs are pretty weak) and Carolina move on. Falcons dismantle Seattle, and the Eagles, even without Terrell Owens survive. They beat the Falcons, and you see a Steelers/Eagles Super Bowl.

Super Bowl:
No Terrell Owens, and the Pittsburgh Defense forces 3 turnovers, gives up 14 points total, and Pitt rolls to a Super Bowl Championship.

Usul
12-24-2004, 08:02 AM
I have a thing against wussy playoff predictions. Seiously, how many people are going to go out on a limb and predict and Eagles vs. Pats/Steelers Superbowl. In the spirit of growing some balls, I'm predicting... lets say Indy vs. Green Bay. Favre goes out on top.

Remeber who said it first too.

thatpfunk
12-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Atl's defense will win the NFC championship for them. Chargers, have a magic super bowl run.

Theres a limb, I'm on it.

lastchance
12-24-2004, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a thing against wussy playoff predictions. Seiously, how many people are going to go out on a limb and predict and Eagles vs. Pats/Steelers Superbowl. In the spirit of growing some balls, I'm predicting... lets say Indy vs. Green Bay. Favre goes out on top.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, give someone a reason to pick the dawgs (odds-wise).

Green Bay is not going to beat out the Eagles, and it's not to take Fourth and 26 either. Defense is getting porous, Brett Favre is throwing some bad INT's.

I just don't see a team in the NFC outplaying the Eagles, though without TO, there's a shot. There's just no competition out there.

Indy has a shot, but Pittsburgh doesn't seem to be able to lose a single game. They're good, nigh invincible.

Fine, a list of possible Upsets:
Falcs beat out Eagles, Panthers beat out Eagles. (no one else can be upset in the NFC)

And any team in the AFC is capable of having a brilliant game and winning, but Pitt and NE have to be the 2 best teams in the league right now (yeah, losing TO sucks). I think Jacksonville/Buffalo could go into Indy and win. I think Indy could go to NE and win (if Ty Law isn't healthy), maybe even Pitt if Pitt's pass protection breaks down. The Chargers have a shot of taking their top ranked run D and stifling NE/Pitt, though it's damn tough to beat either team in the 4th Quarter.

thatpfunk
12-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Colts don't stand a chance against a good defense, no on turf, and in the cold.

Peyton suddenly looked normallast week. Amazing the perception one gets when beating up on 2-9 teams in the 4th quarter.

CCx
12-24-2004, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pinkston looks like a little girl out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally a negative comment against the Eagles that I agree with... the local papers and WIP have been calling for his head for weeks, and now that T.O. is out, he's not even being mentioned as someone who's got to step up...it's like "well...there is pinkston...uhm...ok next!" - I tell you what though, he gets redemption ONLY with 2+ td catches in the NFC Championship game, as well as a catch across the middle where he gets walloped...and gets back up. Otherwise, he'll always be Todd Stinkston

Rick Diesel
12-24-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they're probably better than San Diego.

Now, to be honest, I haven't seen the Bills play once.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two sentences go hand in hand obviously, because there is no way the Bills are better than San Diego. San Diego has a better defense, a better run game, a better quarterback, and better receivers. Maybe the Bills are better on special teams, but I don't pay close enough attention to special teams to really care.

Richard Tanner
12-24-2004, 06:41 PM
I'll assume this post (despite the time) was made before the Balt v. Ind game, a game in which the Colts soundly defeated the Ravens. The score was close (with the major change coming on the blocked kick), but the Colts owned the game. They slowed down and played the Ravens style of game, and still won.
I will grant, however, that Dome teams (especially the Colts) haven't faired well on grass, but that's why you play the game. The offence of the Colts is hitting on all cylinders right now and an IND v. NE/PIT match-up (or both) would likely be an "unstoppable force, immovable object" situation, anyones game.

Cody

lastchance
12-24-2004, 11:21 PM
W/O Ty Law on Harrison and the new illegal contact rules after 5 yards, the Colts suddenly have a lot of a avenues to make a bunch of plays to beat NE. Still, they've got to stop Dillon from running over them.

BTW, I don't think Indy beats Pittsburgh at Pitt, Bettis, Staley, and a stout defense that won't give up 20+ points.

Oh, and if TO wasn't out, the Eagles throttle any NFC team they come across in the playoffs. But there is an opening out there now, sucddenly.