PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Challenge - First week summary

BlueBear
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
The full details of my own solo Christmas challenge can be found at Pokerbear's blog (http://pokerbear.blogspot.com). My original aim was simple, to make $2000 by Christmas by multi-tabling 4 full No Limit tables.

Unfortunately, I broke this rule early in my challenge. Despite taking care to find good tables, the full NL tables in Party were just COMPLETE ROCK GARDENS with most players having a PFR% of around 15 to 25. Why are the tables so tough? Simple, because the maniacs drift to short-handed tables.

I removed the restriction of 4 NL games, and allowed myself to play anything.

Day 1
+$25, played 4 NL full tables games, a complete rock garden

Day 2
-$160, same as Day 1, torturous

Day 3
+$277, 2 omaha hi-lo $25, 2 NL 50 holdem short-handed, catching good cards

Day 4
+$502, 4 NL 50 short-handed tables (this is my regular poker routine)

Day 5
+$1253, same as Day 4, great day today, built giant stacks and the maniacs kept donating

Day 6
+$974, same as Day 4, played fairly bad and calling too many marginal hands

Day 7
+$1673, my poker player real life friends were doing well in these games, so I said, why not give it a try? 2 short-handed 5/10 limit games, this is not my regular game but been catching incredible cards and this is the first time ever that I use the GameTime software on these tables (to visualize the Pokertracker stats with ease). It is so much easier to make informed decisions without the hassle of clicking on multiple windows.

Just a little more to go to reach $2000. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

snowbank
12-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Nice job so far. How many hours and hands have you played?

BlueBear
12-13-2004, 03:34 PM
About 5000 hands or 81 total hours (I multi-table) when everything is combined.