PDA

View Full Version : Ethics of dead squirrel in yard.

SomethingClever
12-13-2004, 01:58 PM
So I'm doing a little painting yesterday afternoon; we just had a new window installed on the west side of our house, facing a big tree in our yard.

I was putting primer on the trim when I noticed a car had just parked outside, and some guy was creeping toward my shrubs with a dead squirrel in his hand. He started to gently lay the squirrel down right on the corner of my yard under a tall shrub when I knocked on the window to get his attention.

He looked up at me sheepishly, pointing at the spot where he wanted to abandon the squirrel. I slowly shook my head no, and before I could make it outside to talk to him, he dashed across the street, put the squirrel in a neighbor's yard instead, and drove off.

So here are my questions.

1) Assuming the squirrel was from my tree, whose responsibility is it? He clearly killed it; therefore I assume it is his responsibility, and he should remove the squirrel from my property. But when I told my wife about this, she was like, "What's he gonna do... put the squirrel in his car?"

I didn't think that was too unreasonable.

2) Should I tell my neighbor that some random guy just left a dead squirrel in his yard?

stabn
12-13-2004, 02:02 PM
The guy should have left it in the road. Since that didn't happen, i don't see any reason to tell your neighbor. He's still going to have to deal with it himself, unless you can get the guy who killed it to come back and deal with it himself.

Jim Kuhn
12-13-2004, 02:02 PM
I think you need more things to occupy your thoughts. I would just throw the little sob back out in the street and play the next hand!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Why the hell did he get out of his car in the first place? Who stops when they hit a squirrel? We have no deal with them. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TheJunkyardGod
12-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Thats an incredibly bizarre situation right there. I don't know how I would even react if I saw some guy in my backyard with a dead animal.

SomethingClever
12-13-2004, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats an incredibly bizarre situation right there. I don't know how I would even react if I saw some guy in my backyard with a dead animal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this was in the side yard, which is right next to the sidewalk. If he had been in the backyard (which is fenced-in), I would have called the cops.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Are we talking grey squirrel or red here? If it's a grey, go fetch it, skin it, and cook it up. The meat's a little stringy, but it's not bad if you're into something a little bit 'gamey'. If it's a red squirrel, kick the bastard back out in the street or call the neighbor's dog over to it. Done.

SomethingClever
12-13-2004, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking grey squirrel or red here? If it's a grey, go fetch it, skin it, and cook it up. The meat's a little stringy, but it's not bad if you're into something a little bit 'gamey'. If it's a red squirrel, kick the bastard back out in the street or call the neighbor's dog over to it. Done.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was brown! I don't think I've seen a "gray" or "red" squirrel before.

It was also a little flat looking.

Alobar
12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
lol, thats a funny ass story and a WEIRD situation. You should prolly have thanked the guy for giving you an interesting anticdote to tell for the rest of your life tho /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dunno why the [censored] he got out of his car, thats just weird. No I wouldnt tell the neighbor, and if it had ended up in my yeard, get a shovel and toss it in the trash.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-13-2004, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was brown! I don't think I've seen a "gray" or "red" squirrel before.

It was also a little flat looking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Grey squirrels are the bigger (grey, but sometimes a bit brownish) ones with bushier tails. Them's good eatin'. Red squirrels are the little (red, but sometimes kindof brownish) fuckers who sit there and chit-chit-chit-chit-chit all [censored] day long. Chip & Dale are chipmunks, but they resemble red squirrels.

Funny side note: get a french person to try to say "squirrel" - it's funny. Then ask him to say "chocolate squirrel". Hilarity ensues.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-13-2004, 03:07 PM
test:
fuckers
fucker
[censored]
[censored]
fucktastic
refuckingdiculous

edit: My apologies to those who may have been offended by the above censor test and the previous post, which contains a word I was surprised the censor missed

Non_Comformist
12-13-2004, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We have no deal with them. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SomethingClever
12-13-2004, 03:22 PM
[censored], maybe it was a chipmunk!

Let's just say it was a small woodland creature of some sort, and I wasn't about to fry it up.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-13-2004, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored], maybe it was a chipmunk!

Let's just say it was a small woodland creature of some sort, and I wasn't about to fry it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I guess just do whatever you do with the ones you shoot in your back yard.

YourFoxyGrandma
12-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Does anyone see a short flim evolving?

SomethingClever
12-13-2004, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Well I guess just do whatever you do with the ones you shoot in your back yard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sell it to a meat distributor as "USDA Prime Angus Beef"?

Okay.

maryfield48
12-14-2004, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2) Should I tell my neighbor that some random guy just left a dead squirrel in his yard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? You got nutten to hide. Call him up, say something like,
"Yow Rasta. You wan' see one yout' kill a rat wid 'im veecle. An' me cyaan believe wat di bwoy do - 'im stop di cyar an' pick up di rat an' trow it inna yu yard. Bwoy, people wicked eeh? 'ear what, mek we light up di chillum an' give breda rat a deestant fineral."

That should work.

jakethebake
12-14-2004, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yow Rasta. You wan' see one yout' kill a rat wid 'im veecle. An' me cyaan believe wat di bwoy do - 'im stop di cyar an' pick up di rat an' trow it inna yu yard. Bwoy, people wicked eeh? 'ear what, mek we light up di chillum an' give breda rat a deestant fineral."

That should work.

[/ QUOTE ]
No idea what you said.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-14-2004, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That should work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant.

mikeyp
12-14-2004, 12:56 PM
You are so weird.

maryfield48
12-14-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are so weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wanna see weird, go hang out at the WPT forum for a while. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

maryfield48
12-14-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That should work.

[/ QUOTE ]
No idea what you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm - you must be in N. Miami then. I'll post a translation, but would anyone care to have a crack at it before I do that?

jakethebake
12-14-2004, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm - you must be in N. Miami then. I'll post a translation, but would anyone care to have a crack at it before I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm way South.

maryfield48
12-14-2004, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm way South.

[/ QUOTE ]

Further than Kendall then.

jakethebake
12-14-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pinecrest. You?

maryfield48
12-14-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pinecrest. You?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite a bit further South. About 600 miles or so - Kingston.

Oh and the translation reads:

Hey Buddy, I just saw a dude drive over a squirrel. And you wouldn't believe what the motherf*cker did - he got out of his car, picked up the squirrel's body and put it in your yard. What an a$$hole! Tell you what, let's light up a bong and give the poor little creature a proper burial.